|DSE: (PRAN) CSE: (RFL)|
|Founded||1 January 1981|
|Founder||Amjad Khan Chowdhury|
|Revenue|| ৳4.69 billion (US$50 million)|
| ৳359.72 million (US$3.8 million)|
| ৳83 million (US$890,000)|
|Total assets|| ৳1.92 billion (US$20 million)|
|Total equity|| ৳998.87 million (US$11 million)|
Number of employees
PRAN-RFL Group (Bengali: প্রাণ-আরএফএল গ্রুপ) is a Bangladeshi conglomerate, founded in 1981 by Amjad Khan Chowdhury. The company is known for its diversified business portfolio, including food and beverage, plastic products, and agricultural machinery. It is one of the largest conglomerates in Bangladesh, with a presence in more than 145 countries. Pran-RFL Group is headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and employs over 10,000 people worldwide. The group operates under several subsidiaries, including Pran Foods, RFL Plastics, Pran-RFL Healthcare, and many others.
Pran Foods is the flagship company of the group, and it is known for its popular juice and snack products. RFL Plastics is one of the largest plastic manufacturers in South Asia, producing a wide range of household goods and industrial plastic products. Apart from its core businesses, the group also operates in real estate, media, and hospitality sectors. Pran-RFL Group has several joint ventures with international companies, such as PepsiCo, Danone, and Nestlé.
In recent years, the group has focused on expanding its business in the Middle East and Africa Region. The company has also been involved in corporate social responsibility initiatives, including education, health, and environment. The Pran-RFL Group has won numerous awards and recognition for its contributions to the economy of Bangladesh. The company is one of the top employers in the country.
PRAN (Programme for Rural Advancement Nationally) was established in 1981 by retired Major General Amjad Khan Chowdhury and has become one of the largest food and beverage brands in Bangladesh. PRAN pioneered agribusiness in Bangladesh by providing farmers with guaranteed prices. PRAN Foods, a subsidiary of the PRAN-RFL Group, produces a number of agricultural products under the PRAN banner. PRAN established a subsidiary company in UAE in 2003.
In 2008, the company announced plans to open a production facility in Tripura, India, after the Indian government lifted the ban on direct investment from Bangladesh in 2007. The PRAN group's exports had reached 10 billion taka by 2016, with the biggest markets for the company in India, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Malaysia, and Oman. In the same year, the revenue for PRAN exceeded US$500 million. PRAN started exporting potatoes in March 2016.
In April 2016, PRAN started to export cassava and the first shipment, worth US$3 million, was sent to New Zealand. PRAN has 80 thousand direct employees and 200 thousand indirect employees. PRAN exports to over 118 countries.
PRAN started exporting through river route to India from Bangladesh in March 2021.
PRAN-RFL Group contains two Groups, called PRAN-Group & RFL-Group.
Businesses operating under these groups contains several registered companies/businesses. Below are some of them:
|PRAN Group||RFL Group||Other sister concerns|
|Agricultural Marketing Co. Ltd||Rangpur Foundry Limited||Property Development Limited|
|Mymensingh Agro Limited||Gonga Foundry Limited||AKC (Pvt.) Limited|
|Banga Bakers Limited||RFL Plastics Limited||AKC Management Limited|
|Natore Agro Limited||Durable Plastic Limited||Logi-Care Overseas Limited|
|Natore Dairy Limited||Banga Plastic International Limited||Career Builders Limited|
|PRAN Agro Limited||Rangpur Metal Industries Limited||Banga Trading House Limited|
|PRAN Agro farm Business Limited||Banga Building Materials Limited||Tasty Treat|
|PRAN Beverage Limited||Trade Environment Limited||RFL Door|
|PRAN Confectionery Limited||Allplast Bangladesh Limited|
|PRAN Dairy Limited||RFL Electronics Limited|
|PRAN Foods Limited||Getwell Limited|
|Banga Miller Limited||Bangladesh Lift Industries Limited|
|Banga Agro Processing Limited||RFL Construction Limited|
|Advance Personal Care Limited||Multi -Line Industries Limited|
|Chorka Fashions Limited||Accessories World Limited|
|Chorka Textile Limited||Habiganj Ceramics Limited|
|Habiganj Agro Limited||Habiganj Glassware Limited|
|Habiganj Textile Limited||Habiganj Metal Industries Limited|
|Packmat Industries Limited||RFL Exports Limited|
|Sun Basic Chemicals Limited|
|Sylvan Technologies Limited||Sera Water Tank|
|Sylvan Poultry Limited||Shine Tiles|
|PRAN Exports Limited||CLICK Light|
- Top VAT payers Awards from the National Board of Revenue for being top VAT payer in different financial year.
- National Productivity Award by National Productivity Organization.
- Best Employer Brand Award.
- National Export Trophies.
- Habiganj Industrial Park, Sayestaganj, Habiganj, Sylhet
- PRAN Industrial Park, Palash, Narshingdi
- RFL Industrial Park, Mulgaon, Kaliganj, Gazipur
- Danga Industrial Park, Kazirchar, Danga, Palash, Narshingdi
- Rupganj RFL Factory, Rupganj, Dhaka
- Rangpur Foundry Ltd., BSCIC, Kallabong, Rangpur
- Pran Agro Ltd, Natore
- ^ a b c d e "Annual Results 2022". WSJ. Retrieved 11 March 2023.
- ^ "Annual Results 2022". WSJ. Retrieved 11 March 2023.
- ^ Khaled, Kowsher Jahan (24 January 2008). "Pran to build first foreign plant in India". The Daily Star. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ Parvez, Sohel (18 December 2011). "Pran makes it big in dairy business". The Daily Star. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ Chakma, Jagaran (16 January 2023). "Pran-RFL to invest $22.5m in four sectors". The Daily Star. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ "Global Footprint". PRAN Foods Ltd. 16 April 2017. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ "Pran joins Gulfood fair to increase export to Africa, Middle East, Europe". unb.com.bd. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ Chakma, Jagaran (26 February 2023). "'Reuse of plastic waste growing'". The Daily Star. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ "Pran-RFL opens Amjad Khan Chowdhury Nursing College". unb.com.bd. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ "PRAN-RFL group wins six trophies for its export prowess". unb.com.bd. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ "NBR chairman visits Pran-RFL Habiganj industrial park". www.dhakatribune.com. 15 February 2023. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ "Pran-RFL targets $2 billion export by 2030". The Daily Star. 24 July 2022. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ Hasan, Mahmudul; Habib, Ahsan (15 September 2022). "Pran-RFL enters mobile phone manufacturing". The Daily Star. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ Habib, Ahsan (11 September 2022). "Powered by product variety". The Daily Star. Retrieved 10 March 2023.
- ^ "First Bangladeshi food processing unit in India". Business Standard. India. 4 June 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- ^ "Amjad Khan's death anniv observed". Prothom Alo. Archived from the original on 5 February 2017. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- ^ Bilkis, Shahana (12 March 2014). "Bangladeshi agro-processed food has good prospect abroad". The Financial Express. Dhaka.
- ^ Sobhan, Rehman (4 October 2010). Challenging the Injustice of Poverty: Agendas for Inclusive Development in South Asia. SAGE Publications. p. 111. ISBN 9788132104681.
- ^ "GDCL to arrange Tk 1b fund for Pran thru Islamic Bond issue". The Daily Observer. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- ^ Basit, Abdul. "Pran Foods expects 60% sales growth in 2014". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- ^ "Pran to build first foreign plant in India". The Daily Star. 24 January 2008. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- ^ "PRAN-RFL fetches over Tk 1,000cr from export". Daily Sun. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- ^ Mitra, Sounak (10 February 2016). "If Shan doesn't get you, PRAN will". Mint. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- ^ "PRAN starts potato export". The Daily Star. 11 March 2016. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- ^ "PRAN to export $3m of cassava to New Zealand". The Daily Star. 12 April 2016. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- ^ "In memory of the man who built Pran". The Daily Star. 5 July 2016. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- ^ "PRAN aims at poverty cut, employs over 10 lakh workers". Daily Sun. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- ^ "Pran-RFL commences food export to India thru river route". New Age. Retrieved 20 March 2021.
- ^ "All Brand | RFL Group". rflbd.com. Retrieved 14 September 2022.
- ^ "Get Well | Feel Safe & Sound". Retrieved 14 September 2022.
- ^ "4 PRAN-RFL companies receive top VAT payer award". The Daily Star. 10 December 2020. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- ^ সেরা ভ্যাট দাতার সম্মাননা পেল প্রাণ-আরএফএল এর চার প্রতিষ্ঠান. Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (in Bengali). Retrieved 10 December 2020.
- ^ "PRAN-RFL's four companies receive top VAT payer award". UNB. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- ^ "Two companies of PRAN-RFL receive top VAT Payer award". UNB. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- ^ "PRAN-RFL's 10 companies get productivity award". jagonews24.com. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- ^ "4 companies of PRAN-RFL get productivity award". UNB. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- ^ "10 Pran-RFL companies get productivity award". The Business Standard. 15 February 2021. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- ^ "PRAN-RFL Group bags 'Best Employer Brand Award'". UNB. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- ^ "PRAN-RFL bags five national export trophies". UNB. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- ^ "PRAN-RFL Group bags five national export trophies". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- ^ "PRAN-RFL wins 5 export trophies". banglanews24.com (in Bengali). 1 September 2019. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- ^ "Pran gets export trophies for 13th year". The Daily Star. 2 January 2017. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- ^ "RFL receives National Export Gold trophy". The Financial Express. Dhaka. Retrieved 9 July 2021.