PRC (file format)
|Developed by||Association for Information and Image Management|
PRC (Product Representation Compact) is a 3D file format that can be used to embed 3D data in a PDF file.
This highly compressed format facilitates the storage of different representations of a 3D model. For example, you can save only a visual representation that consists of polygons (a tessellation), or you can save the model's exact geometry (B-rep data). Varying levels of compression can be applied to the 3D CAD data when it is converted to the PRC format using Adobe Acrobat 3D.
- June 12, 2002 TTF Showcases PRC
- April 21, 2006 Adobe Acquires Trade and Technologies France (TTF)
- December 15, 2014 PRC now published as ISO 14739-1:2014
- Adobe Acrobat "Pro Extended" 8 and 9.
- Adobe Acrobat X and XI with 3D PDF Converter from Tetra 4D.
- Geomagic Design.
- Feature Manipulation Engine.
- HOOPS Exchange libraries from Tech Soft 3D.
- PROSTEP PDF Generator 3D.
- PDF3D version 2.0 and later.
- 4D Publish, a plugin for Cinema 4D.
- SolidWorks allows saving of files to 3D PDF containing PRC since release 2015.
- Adobe Reader 8 and later
- Acrobat 3D PRC Specification (Version 8137 (latest))
- Acrobat 3D PRC Specification (Version 7094)
- Acrobat 3D 8 documentation correction with PRC and U3D conversion formats
- ISO/TC171/SC2 N 570 E 3D use of product representation compact (PRC) format.
- PRC (Product Representation Compact) Format FAQ
- HOOPS Exchange libraries from Tech Soft 3D
- PDF3D SDK PRC generation library toolkit from Visual Technology Services Ltd.
- 3D PDF Converter from tetra4D supports the import and export of PRC files from multiple formats.
- PROSTEP PDF Generator 3D - A server-based solution used to automate the generation of 3D PDF documents with embedded PRC streams.
- ISO 14739-1:2014 Document management--3D use of Product Representation Compact (PRC) format--Part 1: PRC 10001
- The media9 LaTeX package enables the production of PDF documents with embedded PRC files using LaTeX.
- 4D Publish - A plugin for Cinema 4D that exports the scene as a PRC file and embeds it into a 3D PDF document.
- Teigha PRC library from ODA supports content creation and data access for PRC format and enables exporting a .dwg or .dgn file to PRC.