This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pro TV's current logo since August 28, 2017.
|Launched||1 December 1995|
|Owned by||Pro TV SRL(through CME(Central European Media Enterprises)(owned by WarnerMedia/AT&T(75%)|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||18.87% (October 2017ARMA),|
|Slogan||Vrei Pro TV (You want Pro TV) You Pont Pro TV (si Romania Vrei pro tv)|
Republic of Moldova
|Headquarters||Bucharest 23, Bd. Pache Protopopescu nr.102|
|Sister channel(s)||Pro TV Internațional, Pro 2, Pro Cinema, Pro Gold, Pro X, MTV Romania|
|Digital Television||Channel 9|
|Boom TV||Channel 6|
|UPC Romania||Channel 03 (digital with DVR)|
Channel 04 (digital)
|Meo (Portugal)||Channel 234|
Pro TV (Romanian pronunciation: [proteˈve]) is the third Romanian private TV Channel (after the now-defunct Tele7ABC and Antena 1), launched in December 1995, that reaches almost 99% of Romania's 21.5 million people and has 48% of its broadcast schedule comprising locally produced programs. Pro TV broadcasts 24 hours a day and achieved an average all day audience of 16.5% during 2008. Pro TV is owned by CME (Central European Media Enterprises), which is 75% owned by WarnerMedia (through AT&T).
Targeting urban adults aged 30 to 50, Pro TV uses a programming strategy of top international series and movies, as well as a wide variety of local productions including news programming, local entertainment and local fiction.
The station's local productions include entertainment shows, news programs and TV series.
- Știrile Pro TV (English: Pro TV News) is a news programme which won the 2008 International Emmy award.
- Românii au talent (English: Romania's Got Talent). The Romanian version of the Got Talent franchise. The show is presented by Smiley and Pavel Bartoș.
- Vocea României (English: The Voice of Romania). The Romanian version of "The Voice" franchise.
- Las Fierbinți, a Romanian sitcom set in a rural place. The series follows the social and romantic lives of the inhabitants of the village.
- Ce spun românii, is one of the Romanian versions of Family Feud.
- România, te iubesc! (English: Romania, I Love You), a show where the reporters try to show the beauty of the country and some special people who make Romania better, while also casting documentaries and investigations aimed to reveal local illegalities to be corrected by the authorities under public opinion's pressure.
- I like IT is a TV programme featuring technology and IT news, as well as computer games and robots. The programme's host is George Buhnici.
- Ce se întâmplă, doctore? (English: What's wrong with me, doctor?), a programme dealing with health problems, nutrition, maintaining health and self-care strategies. The programme is presented by Oana Cuzino.
- Apropo TV, an entertainment programme presented by Andi Moisescu discussing social themes, popular culture and local/worldwide ads
- După 20 de ani (English: 20 years later), a weekly talk-show containing interviews with Romanian politicians, economists and social scientists. The name refers to the time elapsed since the Romanian Revolution.
- MasterChef România. The Romanian version of the Masterchef franchise. The show is hosted by Răzvan Fodor.
- La Măruță (formerly "Happy Hour"), hosted by Cătălin Măruță, is a one-hour live entertainment show with news about celebrities and show business.
- Falsez pentru tine. The Romanian version of the South Korean international music game show franchise I Can See Your Voice, hosted by Mihai Bobonete.
"Știrile ProTV" (ProTV News) is the most popular newscast in Romania, with 9.3 rating points and 25.1% of the television market share in Romania. It is followed by over a million viewers internationally.
ProTV News won the "International Emmy Award News of 2008" in September 2008.
Andreea Esca is the longest-standing newscaster in Romania. She began her career over 25 years ago, and has spent 23 years with ProTV.
Newscasters and celebrities
- Andreea Esca
- Andi Moisescu
- Cătălin Măruță
- Cătălin Radu Tănase
- Cristian Leonte
- Corina Caragea
- Raluca Arvat
- Florin Busuioc
- Mihai Dedu
- Loredana Groza
- Pavel Bartoș
- Tudor Chirilă
- Marius Moga
- Monica Dascălu
- Mihaela Radulescu
- Oana Tache
- Oana Stern-Cuzino
- Bebe Cotimanis
- Mihai Petre
- Andreea Marin
- Florin Calinescu
- Dragoș Bucur
- Adi Hadean
- Răzvan Fodor
- Mihai Bobonete
Sub-channels and subsidiaries
- ProTV Chișinău
- ProTV International
- Pro 2
- Pro Cinema
- Pro X
- MTV Romania
- PRO FM
- ProTV Magazine
In September 2008, Pro TV News' social campaign “Any idea what your kid is doing right now?” (Romanian: Tu știi ce mai face copilul tău?) won the International Emmy Awards for “News”, being the first TV station in Eastern Europe to win this award.
At the beginning of 2009, Pro TV won the NAB International Broadcasting Excellence Award for the social campaigns Pro TV News had developed in the previous two years.
Pro TV was the main television channel to broadcast the UEFA Champions League in Romania between 2000 and 2009. From 2009 to 2015 it broadcast Cupa României (Romanian Cup), at football, the matches with Romanian teams from UEFA Europa League and the preliminaries of UEFA Champions League. From 2015, Pro TV takes back the rights for UEFA Champions League and in 2016, it obtains the rights for UEFA Euro 2016.
Pro TV HD
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-01-02. Retrieved 2011-12-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Ciutacu, Alex (15 June 2018). "Pro TV va avea un nou acţionar după o achiziţie gigant în America. Directorul noului proprietar a fost acum patru ani la Bucureşti, unde a avut o cină privată cu Victor Ponta, atunci prim-ministru, şi "eminenţa cenuşie" a PSD-ului, Viorel Hrebenciuc, care îl cunoştea personal" [Pro TV will have a new shareholder after a giant acquisition in America. The director of the new owner was four years ago in Bucharest, where he had a private dinner with Victor Ponta, then prime minister, and PSD's "gray eminence" Viorel Hrebenciuc, who knew him personally] (in Romanian).
- Ionela Lupu (October 9, 2018). "Falsez pentru tine – Un show de muzică și mister!". protv.ro (in Romanian). ProTV. Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- "Premiul Emmy" (in Romanian). Cite journal requires