PSA EMP2 platform
|PSA EMP2 platform|
|Manufacturer||PSA Peugeot Citroën|
|Also called||Efficient Modular Platform|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact/Mid-size car platform|
|Layout||Front-engine, front-wheel drive / four-wheel drive|
PSA PF2 platform|
PSA PF3 platform
GM Delta II (for Opel and Vauxhall)
The EMP2 (Efficient Modular Platform) is a car platform that has been developed by PSA Peugeot Citroën for compact and mid-size cars with front wheel drive or four wheel drive and transverse engine. It replaces the PF2 and PF3 platforms in one combined modular platform, and cost PSA €630 million to develop.
The new platform is highly modular, with a choice of short and long wheelbase, low or high riding height, and a choice of independent multi-link or twisted-beam rear suspension. Comparing to the predecessor PF2, the platform reduces the weight by 70 kg using very high strength steel, aluminum and magnesium alloys, and composite materials.
PSA Peugeot Citroen and General Motors planned to use EMP2 platform for several vehicles, developed under the short lived PSA-GM alliance. In March 2017, PSA agreed to buy Opel from General Motors. It is expected, that PSA will move many if not all Opel models from their former GM platforms to PSA's EMP1 and EMP2 platforms to reduce licensing fees to GM and to reduce material costs by higher volumes.
For sub-compact and entry-level compact cars, PSA uses its smaller PSA EMP1 platform, also called CMP.
PSA start production of the EMP2 platform at Vigo plant (in Spain), under the 2013 Citroën C4 Picasso which was previewed by the Technospace concept car, and the 2013 Peugeot 308, which both are produced in Sochaux plant in France.
Vehicles based on EMP2 platform
- 2013 Peugeot 308 § Second generation (T9, 2013–present) – PSA Sochaux plant, PSA Mulhouse plant
- 2013 Citroën C4 Picasso § Second generation (2013–present) – PSA Vigo plant
- 2014 Peugeot 408 § Second generation (2014–present) – Kulim plant, Malaysia
- 2016 Citroën Spacetourer, Peugeot Traveller, Toyota ProAce Verso – PSA Valenciennes plant
- 2016 Citroën Jumpy, Peugeot Expert, Toyota ProAce –PSA Valenciennes plant
- 2016 Peugeot 3008 § Second Generation (2016–present) – PSA Sochaux plant
- 2017 Peugeot 5008 § Second Generation (2017–present)  – PSA Rennes, France and Dongfeng-PSA plant in Chengdu, China
- 2017 Citroën C5 Aircross, much in common with Peugeot 4008 and 5008 – Dongfeng-PSA plant in Chengdu, China
- 2018 DS 7 Crossback – PSA Mulhouse plant
- 2018 Citroën C5 Aircross, much in common with Peugeot 3008 II, Peugeot 5008 II and DS 7 Crossback – PSA Rennes plant
- 2018 Opel Grandland X, much in common with Citroen C5 Aircross and Peugeot 3008 II – PSA Sochaux plant
- 2018 Citroën Berlingo III, Peugeot Rifter, Opel Combo E – PSA Vigo plant, PSA Mangualde plant
- 2018 Peugeot 508 II
- 2019 Citroën C6 II
- "EMP2, PSA Peugeot Citroën's new global modular platform". PSA Peugeot Citroën. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- EMP2, the new Efficient Modular Platform by PSA Peugeot Citroën
- PSA-GM alliance
- Citroën Technospace concept hints at new C4 Picasso
- Peugeot 308: il primo Leone su piattaforma EMP2 Archived 2013-04-13 at Archive.is
- "French-Bred DS7 Crossback May Seek a Slice of the U.S. Market". Car and Driver. Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- Burn, Jonathan. "New Citroen C5 Aircross SUV teased for Shanghai reveal at Geneva Motor Show". AutoExpress. Retrieved 13 April 2017.