PSG College of Technology
Seal of PSG Tech
|Motto||Knowledge and Service|
|Type||Private (government aided)|
|Principal||Dr. R.Rudramurthy 0|
|Location||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India|
PSG Industrial institute was established in 1926 by PSG and Sons Charities in Peelamedu, Coimbatore. The engineering college was started in the institute campus in 1951 by G. R. Damodaran, who became its first principal. The college was conferred autonomous status by University of Madras in 1978, which was continued by the Bharathiar University and subsequently by Anna University since 2001.
About 48 full-time and part-time programs in science, engineering and management at undergraduate and postgraduate levels by the 11 engineering and technology, computer applications, management sciences, basic sciences and humanities departments. The institute offers three 5-year integrated sandwich engineering courses which combines class room coaching with industrial training, one of the few in the country to offer such a course. Among the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by the college, many are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation of the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). Being autonomous, the college frames its own curricula, updates syllabus, introduces new courses and is empowered to administer its own evaluation system. Since 1960, PSG College of Technology has been publishing the "PSG Design Data Book", the engineering Data hand book, used throughout the country by engineers and students.
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2018)||64|
|Engineering – India|
|India Today (2017)||13|
|Outlook India (2017)||17|
|Business/Management – India|
Among engineering colleges in India, PSG College of Technology ranked 13th by India Today in 2017, 17 by Outlook India in 2017. The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked it 29 among engineering institutes in 2018 and 64 overall. NIRF also ranked it 33 in the management ranking.
The Students Union is the apex body which controls all the aspects of student life including other clubs and societies. Apart from these clubs, student wings of NCC and NSS also function on campus.
PSG Tech hostel was established on 27 February 1958. The hostels accommodates about 4300 students in 14 blocks named from A to N of which 5 blocks dedicated to women. There are five student dining halls, an auditorium, a library, a computer center and a guest house attached to the hostels.
Since 2005, the college conducts an international techno-management festival called Kriya. Every year in February, PSG also plays host to Renaissance, a two-day inter-collegiate cultural festival. Intrams is the intra-college cultural festival which is conducted in September.
- Mylswamy Annadurai, Director of Chandrayaan-1 and Chandrayaan-2, ISRO
- Anand Chandrasekaran, Business Executive at Facebook
- Y. S. Chowdary, Former Minister of State, Science and Technology & Earth Sciences, Government of India
- Sundaram Karivardhan, Industrialist and Motorsport Pioneer
- Madhusudhan Rao Lagadapati, Executive Chairman of Lanco Infratech
- Cottalango Leon, Winner of Academy Award
- G. V. Loganathan, Former Professor, Virginia Tech
- Jose K. Mani, Member of Parliament
- Aparna B Marar, Classical Dancer
- Gopal Menon, Documentary Filmmaker
- Mahesh Muthuswami, Cinematographer
- Shiv Nadar, Chairman and CSO of HCL Technologies
- K. Pandiarajan, Businessman and Politician
- Sundar Raman, Cricket Administrator
- A. G. Ramakrishnan, Professor, Indian Institute of Science
- Siva Umapathy, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar laureate
- Kalidhindi B. R. Varma, Vice Chancellor, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
- C Vijayakumar, CEO, HCL Technologies
- "List of Pricipals". www.psgtech.edu. PSG College of Technology. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "About us, PSG Tech". Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Coimbatore's charity trusts have ensured that the district has a unique place in the areas of higher education and medical care". Frontline. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "India's Best Colleges 2017: Engineering". India Today. 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Top 100 Engineering Colleges In 2017". Outlook India. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Clubs of PSG Tech". Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Kriya Techno-Management Festival". Retrieved 15 March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to PSG College of Technology.|