Model of the PSLV rocket
|Mission type||Deployment of 31 satellites|
|Spacecraft||Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle|
|Spacecraft type||Expendable launch vehicle|
|Payload mass||1,323 kilograms (2,917 lb)|
|Start of mission|
|Launch date||09:28:00, 12 January 2018IST)(|
|Rocket||Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle|
|Launch site||Sriharikota Launching Range|
PSLV-C40 was the 42nd mission of the Indian Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) program in the XL configuration. PSLV-C40 successfully carried and deployed 31 satellites in sun-synchronous orbits.
Four SpaceBEE sub-CubeSats were launched to test "2-way satellite communications and data relay", probably for the Silicon Valley company Swarm Technologies. However the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) had denied regulatory approval for Swarm Technologies 10 cm × 10 cm × 2.8 cm BEE satellites as they were too small to be reliably tracked by the United States Space Surveillance Network, so may become an impact hazard to other satellites. If confirmed the FCC may take regulatory action over these satellites.
- Cartosat-2F (Cartosat-2 series satellite)
- Arkyd-6 
- "PSLV-C40/Cartosat-2 Series Satellite Mission - ISRO". www.isro.gov.in. ISRO. Retrieved 12 January 2018.
- "SSTL confirms the successful launch of CARBONITE-2 and Telesat LEO Phase 1 satellite". Surrey Satellite Technology Limited. 12 January 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "Earth Observation's Flying Start to 2018". Pixalytics. 3 January 2018. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- Harris, Mark (9 March 2018). "FCC Accuses Stealthy Startup of Launching Rogue Satellites". IEEE Spectrum. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- Sheetz, Michael (9 March 2018). "Former Google engineer's start-up slammed by FCC for unauthorized satellite launch". CNBC News. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- Wall, Mike (11 January 2018). "Planetary Resources' Asteroid-Mining Goals Move Closer with Satellite Launch". Space.com. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- "PSLV-C40 Brochure" (PDF). ISRO. 9 January 2018. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
|This space- or spaceflight-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|