PSNA College of Engineering and Technology
||This college or university article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia guidelines for college and university articles. (November 2011)|
|ப.ஸ்ரீ.ந.அ. பொறியியல் மற்றும் தொழிநுட்பக் கல்லூரி|
|Motto||Trust in God|
|Established||1984 by R.S.Kothandaraman|
|Affiliation||Anna University, Chennai|
|Location||Kothandaraman Nagar, NH 209, Dindigul, Tamil Nadu, India
- 1 History
- 2 Location
- 3 Programmes offered
- 4 Central library
- 5 Institutional membership
- 6 Rules and Regulations
- 7 Special award
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The College was founded in 1984 by the late Thiru R.S. Kothandaraman. The college functions under the aegis of Sri Rangalatchumi Educational Trust and is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education.
U.G. degree programmes
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Computer science and Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Bio-Medical and Engineering
B.E. and prince. (3 years)
- Diploma Holders can join directly in second year
P.G. degree programmes
- M.E. Computer Science & Engineering (2 years)
- M.E. Power Electronics & Drives (2 years)
- M.E. Computer & Communication (2 years)
- M.E. Applied Electronics (2 years)
- M.E. (VLSI Design) (2 years)
- M.E. Structural Engineering (2 years)
- M.E. Engineering Design (2 years)
- M.B.A. (2 years)
- M.C.A. (3 years)
- Mechanical Engineering (UG)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (UG)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (UG)
- Computer science and Engineering (UG)
- Civil Engineering (UG)
- M.B.A (PG)
The library was established in the year 1984 and now it is functioning in a separate building having a built up area of 2502 Sq.m and it has a seating capacity of 400.In addition to the Central Library, there are departmental libraries are functioning in each department which borrow books from the main library for quick reference. The library has 91370 volumes in 39298 titles of books covering all disciplines of engineering and technology, science and humanities, management studies and computer applications. The library has a collection of more than 10,000 digital materials which includes educational oriented CDs, floppies, audio cassettes, video cassettes, e-books, monographs and NPTEL videos. The library currently subscribes more than 2628 scholarly e-journals under AICTE INDEST consortium.The major e-journals package are IEEE (169),ASCE (36),ASME (28), J-Gate Social and Management Sciences (2120) and Elseiver-Science Direct (275). The library provides online access to a large number of open source journals and books from various leading publishers and it has been hyperlinked to our digital library for quick reference. Apart from e-journal subscription, the library also subscribes 124 print versions of journals. The Library will function throughout the year except government holidays; it will be kept open from 8.30 AM to 8.00 PM on weekdays and 9.00 AM to 4.30 PM on Sundays. There are 13 qualified & experienced staff members are working in the library to serve the student community in an effective manner.
PSNACET Library Services
The library provides various services such as:
- Modern digital library with multimedia
- NPTEL & Educational Oriented Videos.
- Reprographic, Scanning & Printing facility.
- Audio visual facilities
- E-Books & E-journals.
- Downloadable and Copying facility from PSNA Digital Library Server
- Video Lectures Delivered by PSNA Faculty Members
- OPAC (Online Public Access Cataloging).
- Self-renewal and reservation of books.
- CD ROM lending services.
- Inter – Library loan.
- Library automation with standard software.
- Computerized indexing & Abstracting.
- Standard Classification & Cataloging of resources
- Back volumes of journals and magazines.
- Open access facility for all resources.
- Abstracts and New Arrival Display
- Every year organizing book exhibition.
- News papers clipping.
- Facility for book Suggestion and feedback for users.
- Power back up (UPS).
- Library services through Internet and Intranet.
- Drinking water (Normal-Hot-Cold).
- Fire safety measures.
- Air-conditioned facility.
Department Wise Library Collection of books Titles & Volumes
|S.No||Department||Title||Volume||National Journals||International E-Journals|
|1||B.E. Civil Engineering||2943||8106||15||60|
|2||B.E. Mechanical Engineering||3140||10604||11||84|
|3||B.E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering||2470||6958||10||55|
|4||B.E. Electronics & Communication Engineering||3843||9473||11||49|
|5||B.E. Computer Science Engineering||3338||6915||12||43|
|6||B.Tech. Information Technology||2945||6255||12||31|
|7||B.E. Biomedical Engineering||1317||2175||06||16|
|8||M.E. Structural Engineering||398||671||05||26|
|9||M.E. Engineering Design||122||167||06||23|
|10||M.E. Power Electronics & Drives||544||1357||05||29|
|11||M.E. VLSI Design||501||886||05||11|
|12||M.E. Applied Electronics||791||1521||05||23|
|13||M.E. Computer Science and Engineering||799||1376||06||26|
|14||M.E. Computer Science and Engineering (Networks)||736||1314||06||27|
|15||Master of Business Administration||6553||14604||30||2120|
|16||Master of Computer Applications||4067||9832||19||169|
|17||Science and Humanities||4791||9156||07||05|
List of Digital Collections available
- E-Books and E-Journals
- NPTEL Videos and Educational oriented Videos
- Anna University Previous Year Question Papers
- Personality Development and Motivational Videos
- Audio Books
- ASTM Symposium Papers
- Spoken English & Grammar Videos
- Placement and Interview Tips Videos
- Tamil Books
- Bureau of Indian Standard Code Books
- TEDx Videos
- Utility Software
- PSNA CET Faculty Publications
- Department wise Syllabus of Anna University
- Useful Web links
- Online Tamil and Indian Language Dictionaries
- AICTE Hand Books
- NEWS about PSNA CET in Dailies
- Course Materials
- Job Interview Questions & Answers
- Photo Gallery
- Solved Question and Answers
- Downloads various application forms
- Link to All Indian Language News Papers
- Link to Higher Education TV Channels
- Staff Telephone Directory
- Link to Open Access Journals
- Video Lectures Delivered by PSNA Faculty Members
The above collections can browse only in intranet
- Click here to PSNA College of Engineering and Technology-Home Page
- Click here to PSNA College Digital Library-Home Page
- American Information Resource Center, Chennai
- IEEE (Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- British Council Library, Chennai
- The Energy Research Institute (TERI), New Delhi
- AICTE - INDEST CONSORTIUM, New Delhi
- Digital Library of India
- Elesiver Science Direct
- Anna University
- Tamilarasu, Chennai
Rules and Regulations
1. The library is functioning from 8.30 a.m to 8.00 p.m on all working days and 9.00 AM to 4.30 PM on all Sundays.
2. The circulation counter will be opened from 9.a.m to 5.30 p. m. on all working days and no transactions will be entertained after that time.
3. A Student can borrow 10 books at a time and maximum two renewals for a period of 15 days per renewal.
4. Books borrowed must be returned or renewed on before the due date. Otherwise fifty paise will be charged per day per book.
5. The sub-lending and transfer of book is prohibited.
6. No student is allowed to enter the circulation counter without the permission of the Librarian.
7. Books will be reserved if there are no reservations.
8. A borrowed book must be renewed on or before the renewal date or it must be returned. Students can renew maximum two times and staff for six time.
9. Reference books, Display Books, Journals and all non-book materials will be issued for overnight and it should be returned on next day before 5.30.p.m. otherwise Two Rupees will be charged per day per book
10. Books will be issued to new faculty members only after obtaining their bar-coded Identity Card.
11. Each student, including the book bank borrowers, should show his/her bar-coded identity card at the counter while borrowing and returning the books.
12. All library books must be returned to the library before the closure of the semester or soon after the university theory examinations and for final year students before collecting their hall tickets.
13. Absolute silence must be observed in the library.
14. Members should use the books with care. They are advised to examine the books when they borrow and if any book is found damaged or any kind of marking, underlying etc... It should be brought to the notice of the Librarian immediately. If they fail to do so, they will be responsible for any damage discovered when it is returned to the Library.
15. Good order must be observed in the library at all times for placing of feet on the furniture.
16. The members are not allowed to carry books, note books, bags and other personal articles inside the library. They should be left at the special place provided near by entrance.
17. If any book is lost or damaged by the member, he/she will be responsible to replace it or pay twice the original cost of the book or present market rate or whichever is higher.
18. Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library.
19. Group discussions and Reservation of Seats are not allowed and should not disturb any other user in the library
20. Library equipments should not be moved, modified or tampered.
21. If any book is taken out from the shelf, it should be placed back in its original place.
22. Book bank collections are only for the use of SC/ST students.
23. Members are required to bring their Bar-coded ID to enter/exit the Library and also to produce the same to Staff as and when asked for.
24. During the Library hours for students, one faculty member should present in the library to watch the students and keep them silent.
25. Non teaching staff are permitted to take books from the library. Only on getting permission from the Principal / Directors. Only one book will be issued at a time.
26. Library photo copy machine is meant for photo copying the library resource materials only, on payment. All other departmental and office materials shall be photocopied in the college book store or office.
27. Footwear should be kept in the Shoe Rack provided at the entrance of library.
28. Students of MBA / MCA / ME / M.Tech going out for project in the final semester should return all the library books before collecting the hall ticket for the pre final semester examinations.
29. Transfer Certificate will be issued only after the production of "No Due Certificate" from the library.
30. Reprography facility is available in the library. Library users can photocopy the materials subject to copyright restrictions.
31. Books are required to be presented physically at the Counter for renewal.
32. Books will not be issued based on any requisition in any form.
Received Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan - National Award (2007) from Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) for an Engineering College having Best Overall Performance. This is jointly awarded to this college and P.S.G. College of Technology Coimbatore