This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Public School 41, Greenwich Village School, is a public elementary K–5 neighborhood cachement school. Founded in 1867, P.S. 41 is located in Greenwich Village in Manhattan, New York City. In 1957, the old PS 41 was torn down and replaced by a new building. On February 11, 1961, the auditorium hosted the folk singer, Doc Watson, an important event in the spread of folk music.
The principal is currently Kelly Shannon.
Notable alumni include:
- Robert De Niro
- Scarlett Johansson
- Max Kellerman
- Alan Gerson, New York City Council member
- Bob Woodruff (singer), American country music singer and songwriter
- Blind but Now I See: The Biography of Music Legend Doc Watson by Kent Gustavson. Blooming Twig Books. ISBN 193775300X
- Grimes, William (May 29, 2012). "Doc Watson, Blind Guitar Wizard Who Influenced Generations, Dies at 89". The New York Times.
- "PS 41 (02M041) Greenwich Village School Home Page". ps41.org. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- "Scoopy's Notebook". The Villager. 78 (3). June 18, 2008. Retrieved July 28, 2009.
|This Manhattan school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|