This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||July 2001|
11.1 / March 30, 2017
|Operating system||Unix-like, Windows|
|Type||ALM, RM, SCM, Quality, Agile, SysEng|
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager (formerly MKS Integrity) is a software system lifecycle management (SSLM) and application lifecycle management (ALM) platform developed by MKS Inc. and was first released in 2001. The software is client/server, with both desktop (java/swing) and web client interfaces. It provides software development organizations with a collaborative environment in which they can manage the end-to-end processes of development, from requirements management, engineering change management, revision control, and build management to test management and software deployment as well as associated reports & metrics.
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager (Integrity LM or ILM) allows software development teams to track all aspects of their work, including work items, source control, reporting, and build management, in a single product. The product consists of two components – Integrity Configuration Management and Integrity Workflow & Documents. The Configuration Management part of PTC ILM is used to handle source code versions, branches, etc. It is based on client-server architecture. Thick Java client doesn't store any management data on local system, therefore any task performed on source files requires network connection. This means that, unlike distributed systems, this system requires reliable network connection, enough network bandwidth and enough processing power on server side. The other component (Workflow & Documents) consists of an Issue tracking system, as well as a Requirement- and Test Management solution.[buzzword]
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager is built around a single repository. This single-repository solution[buzzword] supports the three pillars of lifecycle management — traceability, process automation, and reporting and analytics and some companies may see additional value in this approach.
Integration of PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager with IDEs and other development tools is – out of the box – limited to few products. Supported IDEs include Eclipse and Visual Studio. Also supported are IBM i and Apache Maven.
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager Solutions
When installing PTC Integrity LM, you will get a full set of functionality in the Configuration Management part. To allow you to work with Workflow & Documents, you can install a solution[buzzword] component. The following solutions[buzzword] are available (in the release order):
- ALM Solution
- Medical Solution
- Agile Solution
- Systems Engineering Solution (SysEng)
A solution provides the following elements:
- Item and Document Types
- States and Workflows
Every solution[buzzword] component can be tailored or enhanced to fulfill your individual process requirements.
PTC Integrity as Product Group
In 2015, PTC defined a software product group using the name "PTC Integrity". This group contains also former Atego products, such as
- PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager (former MKS Integrity)
- PTC Integrity Modeler (Atego Modeler),
- PTC Integrity Process Director (Atego Process Director), and
- PTC Integrity Requirements Connector (Atego Requirements Synchronizer™)
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager was previously known under different brands, including MKS Source, MKS Integrity Manager, Implementer (for IBM i) and others. These were consolidated under a single brand, with the release of MKS Integrity 2007 in July 2007, which was acquired by PTC and finally renamed to PTC Integrity in 2011. PTC retired the Integrity brand and rebranded Integrity to Windchill starting in July 2019.
- "PTC Sets New Standard for Managing Hardware and Software Development Lifecycles with MKS Integrity Acquisition". Archived from the original on 2011-06-13.
- Carey Schwaber, Forrester Research, Inc. August 2006, The Changing Face of Application Lifecycle Management
- Joe Farah, CM Crossroads, January 2010, CM: THE NEXT GENERATION – The 2010s
- mks.com, May 29, 2008, "MKS Delivers Industry Leading Software Change and Configuration Management (SCCM) Capabilities into Eclipse"
- mks.com, April 30, 2009, "MKS Drives Productivity and Transparency for Visual Studio Development"
- MKS Integrity 2007 Leads ALM 2.0 Revolution
- ptc.com, April 01, 2020, Integrity is now Windchill