|Traded as||LSE: PZC|
|Industry||Cosmetics, Soaps, Gels, Dairy Household chemicals, & Natural Oils|
|Founder||George Paterson, George Zochonis|
|Products||Imperial Leather, Soaps, Shampoos, Gels, Milk, Olive Oil, Detergents & Healthcare Products.|
|Revenue||£819.1 million (2015)|
|£114.4 million (2015)|
|£57.9 million (2015)|
PZ Cussons is a major British manufacturer of personal healthcare products and consumer goods. It operates worldwide, especially in Africa and Commonwealth nations. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
PZ Cussons was founded in 1879 as a trading post in Sierra Leone by George Paterson and George Zochonis as Paterson Zochonis. The British-owned company expanded its operations into nearby Nigeria before the end of the 19th century. PZ expanded considerably during the 20th century, acquiring factories and establishing offices in Ghana and Kenya. It was one of three or four firms which commercially dominated Guinea as a colony before 1958. In 1975 the Company acquired Cussons Group (founded by Thomas Cussons). Later that century more offices and factories were acquired in Asia, with PZ's first factory built in Thailand in 1986, and operations expanded into Indonesia in 1988. In 1993 PZ bought the state-owned Pollena Wroclaw in Poland, followed in 1995 by Pollena Uroda and in 2002 Paterson Zochonis plc was renamed PZ Cussons plc.
In 2005 PZ Cussons closed their Nottingham factory (founded by Gerard Bros.), and relocated the operations to Thailand. In 2006 PZ Cussons announced a plan to move their remaining English factory from Kersal to Swinton, both in the City of Salford.
In 2008 PZ Cussons acquired the Sanctuary Spa and Sanctuary products business.
PZ Cussons' main brand is the Imperial Leather range of soaps, bath and shower and cosmetic products.Other well known international family brands include Cussons Baby, Original Source, Carex, St.Tropez and Sanctuary Spa.
African electrical superstores
- "Preliminary Results 2015". PZ Cussons. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- PZ Cussons: Our history
- Thomas O'Toole, Historical Dictionary of Guinea, Scarecrow Press, 1978, p. 55
- Hall, W. 11.02.2004 “Weak dollar slows down PZ Cussons” Financial Times
- "UK Business Park - B2B Sales Leads & Company News". ukbusinesspark.co.uk. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- Soap maker reveals £15m factory plans Manchester Evening News, 2 August 2006
- Cussons buys Sanctuary Spa brand for £75m Brand Republic, 30 January 2008
- PZ Cussons: Our markets
- "Profits fail to scrub up at PZ Cussons". The Manufacturer. 24 July 2012. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "Imperial Leather soap maker PZ Cussons all in a lather over turmoil in African markets". This is money. 22 July 2015. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "UPDATE 2-PZ Cussons boosted by strong trading in Nigeria". Reuters UK. Retrieved 31 March 2015.