|Village (no longer existing)|
|Country||Second Polish Republic|
Pańska Dolina no longer exists. The village was liquidated during the Polish population transfers after World War II, when the Kresy macroregion was formally incorporated into the Soviet Union (as agreed at the Potsdam Conference of 1945). Pańska Dolina used to be located in Gmina Młynów, Powiat Dubno (county), of the Wołyń Voivodeship, before the Nazi German and Soviet invasions of Poland in September 1939. Its former location can be found near Mlyniv in Dubno Raion of present-day Ukraine.
World War II history
The village was one of several points of Polish defence against the OUN-UPA murderous raids during the wave of massacres of Poles in Volhynia between 1942 and 1945. The Polish self-defence unit represented mostly by Armia Krajowa managed to hold their position there till the arrival of the Red Army in 1944. The village offered protection to Polish and Jewish escapees from the area, provided food and shelter, and organised counter-attacks against the UPA attackers.
The list of Polish villages from the area that managed to defend themselves against the genocide being committed by the Ukrainian nationalists include: Pańska Dolina, Zaturce, Huta Stara, Zasmyki, Dąbrowa, Dederkały, Rybcza, Jagodzin-Rymacze, Przebraże (see Przebraże Defence), Rożyszcze, Antonówka Szepelska, Bielm-Spaszczyzna, Witoldówka, Ostróg; as well as Młynów, Kurdybań Warkowicki (no longer existing, similar to many of the aforementioned settlements), Lubomirka, Klewań, Rokitno, Budki Snowidowickie, and Osty. Many Polish villages were liquidated during the Polish population transfers.
- Maciej Witaszek (10 November 2013). "Pańska Dolina". Poszukiwania genealogiczne. Na tropie przodków.
- Tadeusz Piotrowski. Genocide and Rescue in Wołyń: Recollections of the Ukrainian Nationalist Ethnic Cleansing Campaign Against the Poles During World War II. McFarland. p. 215. ISBN 0786407735.
- Władysław Siemaszko, Ewa Siemaszko (2000). Ludobójstwo dokonane przez nacjonalistów ukraińskich na ludności polskiej Wołynia 1939-1945. Warszawa. Chapter Polska obrona. Zarys ogólny wydarzeń (reprint).
- (in Polish) Leonard Urbanowicz, Miejscowości powiatu DUBIEŃSKIEGO w województwie wołyńskim
- Leszek Ubowski, Organizacja i funkcjonowanie okręgu Okręg Wołyń, Wrocław 2007