Pa Dembo Touray
Touray playing for Djurgården
|Full name||Pa Dembo Touray|
|Date of birth||March 31, 1980|
|Place of birth||Banjul, Gambia|
|Height||2.00 m (6 ft 6 1⁄2 in)|
|Prespa Birlik (Goalkeeper coach)|
|1996–1998||Sait Matty FC|
|2001–2002||→ Assyriska FF (loan)||59||(0)|
|2004||→ Vålerenga IF (loan)||11||(0)|
|2017–||Prespa Birlik (goalkeeper coach)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 January 2017.
Pa Dembo Touray, pronounced "Touré", (born March 31, 1980 in Banjul) is a retired Gambian football (goalkeeper) and national team player for Gambia. He is currently the goalkeeper coach of Prespa Birlik.
Touray began his footballing career with Real de Banjul F.C. in Gambia. In 2000, he moved to Stockholm in Sweden to play for Djurgårdens IF in the highest domestic league, Allsvenskan. Touray spent two respective loan spells with Assyriska FF and Vålerenga IF before returning to Djurgårdens IF following the sale of Swedish international goalkeeper Andreas Isaksson.
After Isaksson's departure, Touray was handed an extended run in the team, and since maintained his position as first-choice goalkeeper at the club. He was also rewarded with the club captaincy after several seasons of consistency and following the 2011 season was selected as the top goalkeeper in the Allsvenskan. At the conclusion of the 2011 season, after a decade at Djurgårdens IF Touray left the club having appeared in 195 league matches.
Touray is one of the most celebrated fan-favorites of Djurgårdens IF, having stayed at the club for more than a decade & during one of the club's most successful spells in history. Touray is also well known for singing the West African song "Kamala, Kamala Vesta" as a victory chant, sung by Touray & repeated by the singing stand, which has become a tradition for the club ever since.
- As of match played 5 September 2014.
|Engen Santos||2011–12||National First Division||14||0||2||0||4||0||20||0|
- Årets Järnkamin (2): 2006, 2010
- Pa Dembo Touray ny målvaktstränare‚ prespabirlik.se, 17 January 2017
- "15. Pa Dembo Touray". dif.se. Djurgårdens IF Fotboll. Retrieved 2 July 2009.
- Riedel, Jonas (2004-12-01). "Dembo tillbaks i Oslo". dif.se (in Swedish). Djurgårdens IF Fotboll. Retrieved 2 July 2009.
- "Pa Dembo Touray:Best Goal-Keeper in Sweden". wcr.gm. wcr.gm. 2011-10-21. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- "Pa Dembo Touray:"Nigeria floppar"". gt.se (in Swedish). GT. 2008-01-20. Retrieved 2 July 2009.
|This biographical article related to Gambian association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|