Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||K. Rangaraj|
|Screenplay by||M. G. Vallaban|
|Story by||R. Selvaraj|
|Edited by||Srinivas Krishna|
|15 May 1987|
Paadu Nilave (transl. Oh Moon, please sing) is a 1987 Tamil-language romance film, directed by K. Rangaraj and produced by Ilango. The film's screenplay was written by M. G. Vallaban and the story was written by R. Selvaraj. Music was by Ilaiyaraaja. It stars Mohan and Nadhiya, with Ravichandran and Senthil in pivotal roles.
After being rejected in love, police constable Balakrishnan (Mohan) decides to get his revenge.
- Mohan as Balakrishnan
- Nadhiya as Sangeetha
- Ravichandran as Ramanathan
- Senthil as Thiri Vetti
- Venniradai Moorthy as Moorthi
- J. V. Somayajulu as Muthaiah Bhagavathar
- A. R. Srinivasan as Jailor
- Typist Gopu as Inspector
- Baby Sujitha as Child Balakrishnan
Paadu Nilave was directed by K. Rangaraj and produced by Ilango. The film's screenplay was written by M. G. Vallaban and the story was written by R. Selvaraj. Cinematography was handled by Dinesh Baboo and Srinivas Krishna.
|Soundtrack album by|
The soundtrack was composed by Ilaiyaraaja and lyrics were written by Vaali. The song "Malaiyoram Veesum Kaathu" is set in the Carnatic raga known as Keeravani, and "Vaa Veliye" is set in Shubhapantuvarali.
|1||"Kuthamma Nellu Kuthu"||K. S. Chithra & Chorus||Vaali||04:27|
|2||"Malaiyoram Veesum Kaathu"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||04:57|
|3||"Kokkarako Koovura"||Mano, K. S. Chithra||04:44|
|4||"Malaiyoram Veesum Kathu" – 1||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||01:12|
|5||"Paadungal Paattu Paadungal"||K. S. Chithra, S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||04:10|
|6||"Chithirai Maadhathu Nilavu"||Mano, K. S. Chithra||04:30|
|7||"Vaa Veliyae Ilam Poonguyile"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, K. S. Chithra||06:33|
|8||"Malaiyoram Veesum" – (Female)||K. S. Chithra||01:13|
Release and reception
Paadu Nilave was released on 15 May 1987. The following week, The Indian Express wrote, "This thoroughly contrived storyline banks itself eagerly on the revenge element, and coming to think of it, its essential structure bears many similarities to last year's hit Amman Kovil Kizhakale." The film was commercially successful.
- Paadu Nilave (motion picture) (in Tamil). Krishnaalaya Productions. 1987. Opening credits, from 0:00 to 3:20.
- Ilaiyaraaja (1987). பாடு நிலாவே! (liner notes) (in Tamil). Echo Records.
- Ilaiyaraaja. "Paadu Nilave (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". Last.fm. Retrieved 31 October 2018.
- Sundararaman 2007, p. 141.
- Mani, Charulatha (26 April 2013). "Harmonious symmetry". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Mani, Charulatha (17 February 2012). "A Raga's Journey — Sorrowful Subhapantuvarali". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Sundararaman 2007, p. 164.
- "Paadu Nilaavae [sic]". The Indian Express. 15 May 1987. p. 4.
- "Paadu Nilaave [sic]". The Indian Express. 22 May 1987. p. 12.
- "Nadia spelt fun". The Hindu. 30 January 2008. Retrieved 31 October 2018.
- "ராஜா ராஜாதான் தொடர் – சிவக்குமார் 14–02–18". Dinamalar (in Tamil). Nellai. 13 February 2018. Retrieved 23 June 2020.
- Sundararaman (2007) . Raga Chintamani: A Guide to Carnatic Ragas Through Tamil Film Music (2nd ed.). Chennai: Pichhamal Chintamani. OCLC 295034757.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)