Paanch Ghantey Mien Paanch Crore
|Paanch Ghantey Mein Paanch Crore|
|Directed by||Faisal Saif|
|Produced by||Dr.Joginder Singh Padam|
|Written by||Faisal Saif|
|Music by||Leonard Victor|
|Cinematography||Sumesh K. Chandran|
|110 minutes (uncut version)|
Paanch Ghantey Mein Paanch Crore (also known as 5 Ghantey Mein 5 Crore) or "Five Hours, Fifty Million" in English is a Psycho Thriller film written and directed by Faisal Saif. This film is Pakistani film actor Meera's third Bollywood film in five years. The Times of India listed the film in Bollywood's Top 10 Bold Film category of 2012 along with films such as Ishaqzaade, Raaz 3 and Hate Story.
The film tells the story of chartered accountant Vikram (Played By Shawar Ali) and his keep Soniya (Played By Meera) who are waiting for another accountant Muqaadam (Played By Rashid Khan) to deliver R50 million hard cash to their farm house. Vikram works for Sultan Corporation which is owned by Sultan (Played By Ranjeet). As soon as Muqaadam delivers the money, Vikram and Sonia plans to kill Muqaadam and escape to Singapore next day with 50 million to start a new life. Vikram and Soniya go exactly by their plan. Enter Karan Oberoi (Abhishek Kumar) whose car breaks down in front of Vikram's farmhouse. Karan also happens to be Soniya's ex-classmate in junior college. Reshma Salahuddin (Kavita Radheshyam), an exotic bar dancer who is 3 months pregnant and is waiting for her boyfriend Muqaadam to return. Until she finds out Muqaadam is killed, starts a dirty game of love, betrayal, murder and deceit. Three people with 5 hours to go and with 50 million hard cash
- Meera as Sonia
- Abhishek Kumar as Karan Oberoi
- Kavita Radheshyam as Reshma Salahuddin
- Shawar Ali as Vikram
- Ranjeet as Sultaan Khan
- Nasser Abdullah as Inspector Raam Singh
- Rashid Khan as Accountant Muqaadam
- Sameer Bashir Khan as Rashid The Henchman
Faisal Saif first approached critically acclaimed actress Tabu for the part of Sonia, but later opted for Pakistani actress Meera who was not only impressed with the script, but also did the film for free.
The film was slated to release on 8 June 2012 along with Dibakar Banerjee's Shanghai, but it has now has postponed to 10 August 2012 Eid release along with Salman Khan's Ek Tha Tiger.[needs update]
|Live India News|
|Bollywood Hungama (Music Review)|
The film was not screened for press and critics as the director Faisal Saif wanted to show the film directly to the audience, The film managed a decent opening of 50% with its limited cinema release. Independent Bollywood gave the film 3 out of 5 Stars and called it 'A Tight Thriller'. Filmy Town gave the movie 2 out of 5 Stars and wrote 'A crisp screenplay that keeps the viewer hooked on to till the climax'.
The soundtrack of the film was released by Worldwide Records (India). Joginder Tuteja of Bollywood Hungama gave the soundtrack 2.5 out of 5 Stars and wrote "Well, brace yourselves, as this one turns out to be one of the bigger surprises of the year. Give it a chance; it actually has quite a few good songs that manage to hold on to their own!". Music reviewer Amanda Sodhi wrote "It's totally worth it for O Sone Ke Kangna and Kya Wajah Thi Tere Jaane Ki".
|Paanch Ghantey Mein Paanch Crore|
|Studio album by Bandana Sharma, Shibani Kashyap, Rustam Fateh Ali Khan, Javed Ali, Sourish, Leonard Victor, Hasan Amin|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Kya Wajah Thi Tere Jaaney Ki"||Tony Kakkar||Bandana Sharma, Javed Ali||4:51|
|2.||"Aaye Nahin Chain"||Rustam Fateh Ali Khan||Rustam Fateh Ali Khan||4:27|
|3.||"O Sone Ke Kangna (Female)"||Leonard Victor||Shibani Kashyap||3:05|
|4.||"Kamsin"||Leonard Victor||Manjira, Swastee Shree Sharma||3:29|
|5.||"Mashah Allah Kya Kehna"||Sourish||Sourish||3:25|
|6.||"Yaadien, Yaadien"||Rustam Fateh Ali Khan||Rustam Fateh Ali Khan||5:02|
|7.||"O Sone Ke Kangna (Male)"||Leonard Victor||Leonard Victor||3:03|
|8.||"Kya Jadu Hai Yeh"||Leonard Victor||Leonard Victor, Suzanne||4:34|
|9.||"Zindagi Kahun"||Ali Mustafa||Hasan Amin||4:23|
- "Meera Makes Comes Back in Bollywood". Pak Hungama. 13 December 2011.
- Top 10 Bollywood's hottest scenes of 2012 – Top Lists. The Times of India (18 December 2012).
- https://web.archive.org/web/20111221150443/http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/tv-guide/meera-steps-tabu%E2%80%99s-shoes-211. Archived from the original on 21 December 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2011. Missing or empty
- [dead link]
- "5-ghantey-mein-5-crore-first-look". independentbollywood.com.[dead link]
- Piping hot news! | Bollywood News | Hindi Movies News | Celebrity News. BollywoodHungama.com (30 May 2012).
- [dead link]
- independent,bollywood,films,movies,sex,hollywood,stars,actors Resources and Information. This website is for sale!. independentbollywood.com.
- 5 Ghante Mein 5 Crore – Meera, Abhishek Kumar, Kavita Radheshyam, Shawar Ali, Ranjeet, Nasser Abdullah, Rashid Khan. Filmytown.com.
- "Worldwide Records launches music of '5 Ghantey Mein 5 Crore'". RadioAndMusic.com. 13 December 2011.
- 5 Ghantey Mien 5 Crore (2012) | Critic Review By Joginder Tuteja. Bollywood Hungama (11 August 2012).
- Saathee Magazine – A Features Magazine for the South Asian Community of the Carolinas & Beyond, Saathee Magazine. Saathee.com (9 December 2011).