|Directed by||T. P. Gajendran|
|Written by||S. P. Mathivanan|
S. Gajendrakumar (dialogues)
|Screenplay by||T. P. Gajendran|
|Story by||Ashok Kumar|
|Produced by||K. Nalluswamy|
Sree Navalady Creations
Paattu Vaathiyar (English : Music teacher) is a 1995 Tamil romantic drama film directed by T. P. Gajendran. The film features Ramesh Aravind and Ranjitha in the lead roles, with Jaishankar, Senthil, Raveendran, Ravikanth, Vetri Vigneshwar, Kovai Sarala and Raghavi playing supporting roles. The film, produced by K. Nalluswamy, had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja and was released on 10 February 1995.
Pandian (Jaishankar) is a wealthy man in his village and the village chief, he built a school in the past. His daughter Deivanai (Ranjitha) is a joyful woman, she has more power than the school headmaster and all the teachers works under her commands.
The villagers follow very orthodox customs : only those from the village can get married together and the village women are not allowed to leave the village.
Ramesh (Ramesh Aravind) is a music teacher, he comes from the city to teach music lessons at Pandian's school. At first, when taking classes, the students tease Ramesh and they don't respect him. Ramesh slowly makes them like music. Ramesh gets into a fight with Deivanai, which leads to an ego clash between the pair. The hatred turns into love, they both fall in love secretly. In the meantime, Pechimuthu (Ravikanth), Pandian's nephew, is back from jail after an honour killing.
In the past, the village girl Karpagam (Raghavi) and Vetri (Vetri Vigneshwar) who was from another village fell in love with each other. When their relationship had come into the limelight, Pandian punished Karpagam : being stripped in front of the villagers. But her lover tried to save her from this humiliation, and Pechimuthu brutally killed him. Afterwards, Karpagam became mentally ill and Pechimuthu was sent to jail.
Maarappan (Raveendran), Karpagam's brother, wants to take revenge on Pandian and Pechimuthu and he waits for the right opportunity. One day, Maarappan comes to know about Ramesh and Deivanai's love. What transpires later forms the crux of the story.
- Ramesh Aravind as Ramesh
- Ranjitha as Deivanai
- Jaishankar as Pandian
- Senthil as Pulipandi
- Raveendran as Maarappan
- Ravikanth as Pechimuthu
- Vetri Vigneshwar as Vetri
- Kovai Sarala as Pulipandi's wife
- Raghavi as Karpagam
- Kumarimuthu as washerman
- Kula Deivam V. R. Rajagopal as Headmaster
- Gajendra Kumar
- M. R. Krishnamurthy as Tamil Teacher
- Pasi Narayanan as Science Teacher
- Oru Viral Krishna Rao as Swamy
- Thavakalai as Ice Cream Seller
- K. B. Kumar
- N. Ramadurai
- Uma Maheswari
- Maami Jayalakshmi
- Baby Thejesh Kumar Gourabathini
- T. P. Gajendran in a cameo appearance
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film score and the soundtrack were composed by film composer Ilaiyaraaja. The soundtrack, released in 1995, features 8 tracks with lyrics written by Vaali, Pulamaipithan, Na. Kamarasan, Piraisoodan and Ilaiyaraaja.
|1||"Muthamendraal Ennavendru"||K. J. Yesudas, Sujatha Mohan||5:10|
|2||"Neethaane Naaldhorum" (duet)||K. J. Yesudas, Swarnalatha||5:09|
|3||"Neethaane Naaldhorum" (solo)||K. J. Yesudas||5:17|
|4||"Oh Maari Poo Maari"||K. J. Yesudas, Minmini||4:53|
|5||"Sangeedhatha Valarkaveanaam"||K. J. Yesudas||5:18|
|6||"Solai Malarea Nenjai"||K. J. Yesudas||5:06|
|8||"Paadura"||K. J. Yesudas||4:49|
- "Paatu Vaathiyaar (1995) Tamil Movie". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Pattu Vathiyar (1995)". gomolo.com. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Filmography of paatu vadhiyar". cinesouth.com. Archived from the original on 12 November 2004. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Tamil Movie News--1995 Review(Cont.)". 9 January 1996. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Tamil Movie News--1995 Review". 9 January 1996. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Paattu Vaathiyar Songs". play.raaga.com. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Paattu Vaathiyaar Songs". saavn.com. Retrieved 13 October 2016.