|Born||29 July 1968|
Paavo Lötjönen (born 29 July 1968) is a cello player for Finnish band Apocalyptica. Paavo comes from a family where both of his parents were professional musicians. At the age of 6, he took a cello and decided that would be the instrument he would play all his life. Like fellow band members Perttu Kivilaakso and Eicca Toppinen, he attended Sibelius Academy in Helsinki.
20 years later, Paavo got his "Solist Cellist" diploma at the Sibelius Academy, and shortly after began to work as a cello teacher in music schools. He played in the "Finnish National Opera" as well. He plays a Gulbrandt Enger cello (1882) with a R. Wainio bow.
- Ankeny, Jason. "Biography: Apocalyptica". AllMusic. Retrieved 12 June 2010.
- Knost, Angie (13 October 2010). "Interview With Paavo Lötjönen of Apocalyptica". St. Louis Music Press. Archived from the original on 16 March 2012. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Youtube interactive interview". Apocalyptica.com. 5 August 2010. Archived from the original on 21 December 2021. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Paavo Lotjonen biography - Paavo Lotjonen comes from a family where everyone is musician". apocalyptica.apocello.ru. Retrieved 3 October 2021.
- "Apocalyptica - Interview with Paavo Lotjonen - How would you describe Apocalyptica's music with three words?". apocello.ru. Retrieved 3 October 2021.