|Full name||Pablo Chinchilla Vega|
|Date of birth||December 21, 1978|
|Place of birth||Escazú, Costa Rica|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|FC Koblach (player-manager)|
|1997-1998||→ Rheindorf Altach (loan)|
|2005||Los Angeles Galaxy||19||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 May 2010.
Chinchilla began his career in the youth system of Primera División de Costa Rica team Alajuelense. He was loaned to Austrian side Altach for a season before summoned back by Liga and he eventually graduated to their senior side making his professional debut for them on 15 August 1999 against Carmelita. He then scored his first goal on 12 September 1999 against San Carlos. After five years with the Rojinegros, during which time he won the 2004 CONCACAF Champions' Cup, he joined Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer prior to the 2005 season. His stay in the USA was largely unsuccessful and he returned to Alajuelense after just one season.
In summer 2006 Chinchilla rejoined Austrian club SC Rheindorf Altach, and spent two years playing with them in the Austrian Football Bundesliga. After a brief spell back home in Costa Rica at Liberia Mía Chinchilla returned to Austria by signing with LASK Linz in January 2009. He went amateur when he joined lower league side Lochau.
He made his debut for Costa Rica in a November 1999 friendly match against Slovakia and earned a total of 39 caps, scoring 1 goal. He was a late addition to their 2002 World Cup squad, replacing the injured Reynaldo Parks and represented his country at the 2003 UNCAF Nations Cup as well as at the 2000 and 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cups. He was a non-playing squad member at the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
His final international was a February 2008 friendly game against Jamaica.
- Scores and results list Costa Rica's goal tally first.
|1.||20 November 2002||Estadio Olímpico Atahualpa, Quito, Ecuador||Ecuador||1–0||2–2||Friendly match|
- CONCACAF Champions' Cup: 2004
- Los Angeles Galaxy
- Buzón de Rodrigo (Bio) - Nación (Spanish)
- Pablo venció los escollos - Nación (Spanish)
- Con los pies en la tierra, Pablo Chinchilla vive su buen momento con tranquilidad - Nación (Spanish)
- Chinchilla a gusto en Austria - Al Día (Spanish)
- Defensa Pablo Chinchilla firmó con Liberia Mía - Nación (Spanish)
- Chinchilla dritter Neuzugang beim LASK - Nachrichten (German)
- Chinchilla wird neuer Koblach-Spielertrainer - Bregenzerwald-News(German)
- Chinchilla verlängert Vertrag in Koblach - Liga Portal (German)
- Pablo Chinchilla – FIFA competition record
- "Costa Rica - Record International Players". RSSSF. Retrieved 2009-03-29.
- Llaman a Chinchilla Parks deja el Mundial - Nación (Spanish)
- Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup 2003 - Details - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2000 - Full Details - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2003 - Full Details - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2007 - Full Details - RSSSF
- Pablo Chinchilla at National-Football-Teams.com
- Player bio – MLSnet
- Austrian Bundesliga stats - Bundesliga