Pablo F. Fenjves
16 August 1953
|Notable work||If I Did It (2007)|
Pablo F. Fenjves (//; 16 August 1953) is an American screenwriter and ghostwriter based in Los Angeles, California. His screenwriting credits include the 1995 film The Affair, Man on a Ledge, released in January 2012, and a string of television movies. Fenjves ghostwrote the book If I Did It, an account of the O. J. Simpson murder case.
Born in Caracas, Venezuela, on 16 August 1953, to Hungarian survivors of The Holocaust, Fenjves went to college in Illinois. His first journalism job was in Canada. He joined the National Enquirer in Florida in the late 1970s, where he befriended Judith Regan.
Fenjves has ghostwritten more than a dozen books, including two number one New York Times Best-Sellers (Witness and Blood Brother). Fenjves also ghostwrote the autobiographies and memoirs of Bernie Mac, Janice Dickinson, and music producer David Foster.
If I Did It
Fenjves collaborated with O. J. Simpson to ghostwrite If I Did It, an account of the O. J. Simpson murder case. The book was pulled by the publisher just weeks before its release date, but it was subsequently revived by Fred Goldman, father of murder victim Ron Goldman, and spent five weeks on The New York Times Best Seller list. Fenjves had a personal connection to the Simpson case: Fenjves lived a few doors down from the Brentwood murder scene, and had testified against Simpson regarding the time at which he heard Nicole Simpson's dog barking.
- "OJ Simpson Trial - February 7th, 1995 - Part 4 (last part)". YouTube. Archived from the original on 13 December 2021.
- Stone, Jay (9 March 2012). "The rocky path from pen to screen". Vancouver Sun.
- Toobin, Jeffrey (4 December 2006). "The Ghost Writer". The New Yorker.
- Murr, Andrew (3 March 2008). "A Friendly Ghost". Newsweek.
- Jones, Thomas L. "The Murder Trial of O.J. Simpson". Crimelibrary. Archived from the original on 8 July 2014. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- Caruso, Michelle (18 November 2006). "Ghost writer 'barked' at trial". New York Daily News.