Fornals with Villarreal in 2018
|Full name||Pablo Fornals Malla|
|Date of birth||22 February 1996|
|Place of birth||Castellón, Spain|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|West Ham United|
|2019–||West Ham United||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 May 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 14 June 2019
Pablo Fornals Malla (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈpaβlo foɾˈnals]; born 22 February 1996) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for West Ham United mainly as an attacking midfielder. He previously played for Málaga and Villarreal, and has been selected for the Spain national team.
Born in Castellón de la Plana, Valencian Community, Fornals joined Málaga CF's youth setup in 2012 at the age of 16, from CD Castellón. He made his senior debut with the reserves in the 2014–15 season, in Tercera División.
Fornals' first competitive match with the first team – and in La Liga – occurred on 26 September 2015, when he started in a 0–0 away draw against Real Madrid. Two months and two days later, he scored his first top-flight goal in a 2–2 draw with Andalusian neighbours Granada CF at La Rosaleda Stadium, finding the net four minutes after replacing Duda.
On 24 July 2017, having paid his own €12 million buyout clause to leave Málaga, Fornals moved to fellow league side Villarreal CF, a club he already represented as a youth, agreeing to a five-year contract. The following 13 January, he scored a late chip after a counterattack to give his new team their first-ever ever win against Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium (1–0).
West Ham United
On 14 June 2019, Fornals signed for Premier League club West Ham United on a five-year contract, for a transfer fee reported to be £24 million, making him West Ham's second most expensive signing. 
On 28 March 2016, Fornals won his first cap with the Spain under-21s by playing the full 90 minutes in a 1–0 win against Norway at the Estadio Nueva Condomina. On 17 May, he was called up to the full squad by Vicente del Bosque for a friendly with Bosnia and Herzegovina; he made his debut 12 days later, replacing Mikel San José in the 3–1 win at the AFG Arena in St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- As of 12 May 2019
- As of 18 November 2018
- "Sellada la renovación de Pablo, a corto plazo en la órbita del primer equipo" [Sealed the renewal of Pablo, short-time target for the first team]. Diario Sur (in Spanish). 25 March 2015. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
- "Kameni para al Madrid" [Kameni stops Madrid]. Marca (in Spanish). 26 September 2015. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
- "Fornals, la última perla del Málaga" [Fornals, Málaga's latest gem]. Marca (in Spanish). 29 November 2015. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "Fornals borra la sonrisa de Prandelli" [Fornals wipes Prandelli's smile]. Marca (in Spanish). 4 December 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "Pablo Fornals pays own release clause to join Villarreal from Malaga". Sky Sports. 24 July 2017. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "Pablo Fornals regresa al Villarreal CF" [Pablo Fornals returns to Villarreal CF] (in Spanish). Villarreal CF. 24 July 2017. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Fornals produces wonderful moment to secure a historic victory at the Bernabeu". Marca. 13 January 2018. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Pablo Fornals might have just scored the goal of the season". Deadspin. 26 September 2018. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Spain discovers next midfield talent in Pablo Fornals". USA Today. 27 September 2018. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Pablo Fornals: West Ham sign Spain forward for £24m". BBC Sport. 14 June 2019. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "Fornals: Why moving to West Ham was the easiest decision - West Ham United". www.whufc.com. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- "Pablo Fornals debuta con la sub´21 y se gusta" [Pablo Fornals debuts with the under-21 and impresses]. La Opinión de Málaga (in Spanish). 29 March 2016. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Pablo called-up to join Spain's first team". Málaga CF. 17 May 2016. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Nolito endulza un duelo atípico" [Nolito sweetens an atypical duel]. Marca (in Spanish). 29 May 2016. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Pablo Fornals". Soccerway. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
- "Pablo Fornals". European Football. Retrieved 10 June 2018.