|Full name||Pablo Sebastián Melgar Torino|
|Date of birth||January 14, 1980|
|Place of birth||Guatemala City, Guatemala|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Central defender|
|–||U Católica de Chile U-20|
|1999||Club Atlético Tembetary|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 February 2010.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22 February 2010
Before playing in Chile, Melgar played for local clubs Deportivo Zacapa, Antigua GFC, Aurora FC, and Municipal, the latter from 2004 to 2007, during which time the club won five league titles in a row. He then left Municipal for Antofagasta but decided not to return to Chile after finding it hard to play football outside the capital, Santiago de Chile. After a stint with USAC, Melgar returned to Municipal for the Apertura 2010 season.
Melgar has been a regular on the Guatemala national team, for which he has competed at the youth, Olympic, and full international levels. Tournaments in which he partaked include the under-17 and under-20 World Cup qualifying, the 1999 Pan American Games, the 2000 Olympic tournament qualifying and the Central American Games of 2002.
He made his senior debut in a January 2002 friendly match against Cuba and has earned a total of 56 caps (including a non official game against Argentina), scoring 1 goal. He has represented his country in 16 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and played at the 2003 UNCAF Nations Cup and the 2005 and 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cups.
- Pablo Melgar no regresará a Antofagasta - La Red Deportiva (Spanish)
- Passo Alpuin, Luis Fernando (2009-08-12). "Guatemala - Record International Players". RSSSF. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- Record at FIFA Tournaments - FIFA
- UNCAF (Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup) 2003 - Details - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2005 - Full Details - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2007 - Full Details - RSSSF
- Pablo Melgar at National-Football-Teams.com