Pabna University of Science & Technology
|পাবনা বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Al-Nakib Chowdhury|
|Campus||Urban, 30 acres|
Pabna University of Science and Technology (Bengali: পাবনা বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) is a public engineering university in Bangladesh. PUST was established in 2008 and started four-year undergraduate programme from 2009
- 1 History
- 2 Campus
- 3 Administration
- 4 Faculty and Departments
- 5 Academic programs
- 6 Institute
- 7 Central Library and Information Center
- 8 Central Mosque
- 9 PUST Cafeteria
- 10 Independence square ,PUST
- 11 Halls of residence
- 12 Organizations and association
- 13 Publications
- 14 Facilities
- 15 Extracurricular activities
- 16 Photo Gallery
- 17 References
- 18 External links
The government passed the Act on 15 July 2001 to establish a science and technology university in Pabna. The university will be located in the district headquarters of Pabna. Pabna is a central district town in northern Bangladesh having long historical and cultural heritage. The academic curriculum of the Pabna University of Science & Technology was started on 15 July 2008. This university will play an innovative role in providing need-based higher education, training and research. Also the university will be committed to maintain and raise the quality and standard of higher education for the students as in international standards. This practical and need-based curricula will produce highly qualified trained scientists and technologists for the needs of Bangladesh as well as the world employment market.
The university offers education in science- and technology-based subjects for undergraduate and post graduate levels. This newly established university will occupies an area of about 30 acres, with a number of multi-storied buildings. Because of its location, it has already drawn the attention of brilliant students for admission and scholarly faculty members for teaching and research. The admission notice for undergraduate programmes for 2016–17 will be published in the website http://www.pust.ac.bd/.
Pabna University of Science & Technology is located on the south side of Pabna Dhaka highway. It is situated in Rajapur. PUST has a campus area of 30 acres which is famous for its natural beauty. Many visitors come to visit the Independence Square of the university. The memorial stands in front of PUST Cafeteria. Different cultural organisations arrange programs on the premises on local and national occasions.
Professor Dr. Al-Nakib Chowdhury
Professor Dr. Anwarul Islam
Bijon Kumar Brahma(Additional)
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology ; Md. Saiful Islam
- Faculty of Science ;Md. Khairul Alam
- Faculty of Business Studies; Dr. Md. Amirul Islam
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Science;Dr. Md. Abdul Alim
- Faculty of Life and Earth Science;Prof. Dr. Al-Nakib Chowdhury
Awal Kabir Joy
Md. Hasebur Rahman
Faculty and Departments
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering(EEE)
- Department of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering(ETE)
- Department of Information and Communication Engineering(ICE)
- Department of Civil Engineering(CE)
- Department of Architecture(Arch.)
- Department of Urban and Regional planning(URP)
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Business Studies
- Department of Business Administration(BBA)
- Department of Economics
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
- Department of Bengali
- Department of English
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Public Administration
- Faculty of Life and Earth Science
- Department of Geography and Environment(GE)
- BSc (Engineering)
- BSc (Honours)
- B. B. A.
- B. A. (Honours)
- B. S. S. (Honours)
- B. Pharm. (Professional)
- MSc Engineering, M. Engineering, M. Phil, PhD and others Higher degree
Admission and Total seat
In total 20 departmens there are 880 seats available for the undergraduate admission.
- At PUST, additional seats are reserved for the students under the categories of son/daughter/grandson/granddaughter of Freedom Fighter, Tribal and Disabled. For these reserved seats, a student needs to provide the proof by using their related certificate to authority. Once the certificate is received within the mentioned period, after verification the student will be considered for the reserved seats
The academic year consists of two semesters. Academic courses are based on credit system. The grading system:
|Class Interval||Letter Grade||Grade Point|
- Institute of Modern Language
Central Library and Information Center
The Central Library & Information Center of Pabna University of Science & Technology is basically designed to serve the actual need of its students, faculty, officers and researchers. It carries out a variet of activities to support the academic and research endeavour and to promote a better understanding of the policies, curriculum and culture of the University.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2015)|
Cafeteria provides competitive but healthy meal with different types of cuisine on offer. It also offers special meal on special occasions and with superior quality.
Independence square ,PUST
Halls of residence
Pabna University of Science and Technology provides residence facility to the female and male students.
Male residential hall
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman hall
Female residential hall
- Sheikh Hasina hall
- there are also two dormitory for teacher's
Organizations and association
- CSE Programming Club.
- ICE Programming Club.
- Pharmacy Association of PUST.
- Science Club of PUST
- Debate Club
- Drama Club
- Cultural Club
- Blood Donate Club of PUST
- Sports Club.
- Career Club.
- নতুন সূর্যোদয়;
- আগামীর সূর্য।
- পাবনা বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় বার্তা
The medical centre of PUST situated at grownd floor of administrative building, It offers free medical services to students, teachers and staff of the university. Also family member of the teachers and staff.
The university is five hours by bus from Dhaka, the capital. The university has its own buses which operate in the morning and evening for the students who live off campus. The buses cover the major roads and areas of pabna city, especially the traffic more, ananta bazar, terminal, meril bipuss, singa bipuss, and gachpara,. Sometimes, they cover court and chadmari more.
Sports and entertainment
The university provides facilities for football, hockey, cricket, volleyball, basketball, table tennis etc. The students play tennis, badminton and other games as well. Sports meets and games competitions are features of campus life. The students arrange debate, cultural show, indoor games competition etc.
The students of this university participate in sports for recreation and the finest athletes regularly compete in inter-university games like football, handball, volleyball, basketball etc. PUST has some varsity teams. Students organise both inter-department and inter-university tournaments for popular games every year. Girls and teachers also participate in several games.