Pac-Man World Rally
|Pac-Man World Rally|
|Developer(s)||Smart Bomb Interactive|
|Publisher(s)||Namco Bandai Games[a]|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, GameCube, Windows|
Pac-Man World Rally, known in Europe as Pac-Man Rally, is a kart racing game in the Pac-Man series. It was published by Bandai Namco Games, and released on August 22, 2006 for the PlayStation 2, GameCube, PlayStation Portable, and Microsoft Windows. An Xbox version of the game was cancelled, though a preview of the game can be found in the Xbox release of Pac-Man World 3.
Pac-Man World Rally features similar gameplay to other kart racing games such as Mario Kart. Up to four players can compete in standard racing across fifteen race tracks. During races, players can use power-ups to attack opponents or gain a boost of speed. By driving over a fruit button, that fruit will appear on the race track; players who collect a fruit will gain access to specific shortcuts on the track, giving them the opportunity to overtake their opponents. Players can also collect pac-dots scattered along the track to fill their Pac-Meter. When it is full, the player can activate a temporary transformation into the Pac-Mobile, a vehicle that gives them a boost of speed and allows them to eat and temporarily incapacitate other racers. The game also features a battle mode with four different arenas for competition. Players can choose from fourteen different playable characters from the Pac-Man franchise and other Bandai Namco titles. The PSP version features two exclusive characters, Mappy and Mr. Driller, along with an additional race track based on Dig Dug and three exclusive challenge modes.
|Nintendo World Report||6.5/10|
- Navarro, Alex (1 September 2006). "Pac-Man World Rally Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2 October 2021.
- "Pac-Man World Rally for PC". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on 2015-04-24. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "Pac-Man World Rally for PlayStation 2 Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "Pac-Man World Rally for GameCube Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "Pac-Man World Rally for PSP Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- Lewis, Cameron (30 August 2006). "Pac-Man World Rally review". GamesRadar. Retrieved 2 October 2021.
- Kaluszka, Aaron (1 October 2006). "Pac-Man World Rally Review". Nintendo World Report. Retrieved 2 October 2021.
- jkdmedia, GameZone (4 May 2012). "Pac-Man World Rally - PS2 - Review". GameZone. Retrieved 2 October 2021.
- Published in Europe by Electronic Arts.