|Founded||Sitges, Spain (December 15, 1989 )|
Number of locations
|Australia, Austria, Brazil, Egypt, Germany, Morocco, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Argentina, United Kingdom, United States|
Pacha is a nightclub franchise with headquarters in Ibiza, Spain. The first Pacha club was opened in Sitges outside Barcelona in 1967. The Ibiza club, located in Ibiza Town, is the best known venue today. In a 2012 DJ Magazine poll of the world's 100 best nightclubs, Pacha rated third.
Brothers Ricardo and Piti Urgell opened their second Pacha club in Ibiza, Spain, in 1973. (In 2007, musician James Blunt released a song called "1973" about the club, which was subsequently remixed by well-known DJ Pete Tong and played during his own sets at the club.)
The club was also featured in the 2004 movie It's All Gone Pete Tong.
Musically, Pacha is best known for specializing in house music but has five different rooms incorporating other musical styles. DJ Steve Lawler stated in a 2006 Ministry of Sound interview that "Pacha's a great club with an amazing sound system". Every September the club is host to the annual DJ Awards.
In 2008, Pete Tong moved his residency away from Pacha in favour of promoting his own performance, "Wonderland", at the Eden nightclub in San Antonio. However, Tong has since returned to Pacha to facilitate a Friday night residency, "All Gone Pete Tong."
In the video game Test Drive Unlimited 2 (2011), the club can be seen from the outside in Eivissa, but you can not go in. A sign outside says "Pure Pacha. Every Friday Night."
Throughout the years, Pacha Group has had various DJs and Producers on its scene which have brought a new and different vibe each time to the franchise.
|Bob Sinclar||Monday||France||N°33 DJ Mag 2011|
|David Guetta||Thursday||France||F*ck Me I'm Famous|
|Swedish House Mafia||Friday||Sweden||Various concerts|
|Danny Whittle||All Week||UK||Main Stage DJ Resident|
|Benny Benassi||All Week||Italy||Main Stage DJ Resident NYC|
|Danny Tenaglia||Weekends||USA||Main Stage DJ Resident NYC|
|James Zabiela||Weekend||UK||Main Stage DJ Resident NYC|
|Jonathan Peters||Friday||UK||DJ Resident NYC|
|Tigerlily||Saturday||Australia||#12 DJ inthemix 2013|
|Pete Tong||Friday||UK||All Gone Pete Tong|
- Bilbao, Basque Country.
- Empuriabrava, Catalonia.
- Gran Canaria, Canary Islands.
- Madrid, Community of Madrid.
- Mallorca, Balearic Islands.
- Sitges, Catalonia.
- La Pineda (Salou), Catalonia.
- Valencia, Valencian Community.
- Barcelona, Catalonia.
- Búzios, Brazil.
- Florianópolis, Brazil.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Ischgl, Austria.
- London, United Kingdom.
- Macau, Macau
- Sydney, Australia
- Marrakech, Morocco.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Munich, Germany.
- New York City, United States.
- Ofir (Esposende), Portugal.
- Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Poznań, Poland
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Tel-Aviv, Israel.
- "DJ Magazine Top 100 Clubs: The Results 2012". DJ Mag. DJ Mag. 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "steve lawler interviews". Ministry of Sound. Ministry of Sound Group. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Pete Tong to Return to Pacha Fridays?". Ibiza Spotlight. Ibiza Spotlight S.L. 19 January 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pacha.|
- Pacha homepage
- Pacha online shop for fashion and accessories
- Pacha Ibiza Radio since 2001
- Pacha New York on Clubplanet
- Pacha's page on Ibiza Vote, Ibiza's Voting Platform.
- Pacha club Ibiza video fragment
- Pacha Nightclub London Review
- Best nightclubs in barcelona