This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)
|Screenplay by||T. A. Shahid|
|Produced by||Babu Shahir|
Pachakuthira (transl. Grasshopper) is a 2006 Indian Malayalam-language comedy drama film directed by Kamal and written by T. A. Shahid from a story by Dileep, starring Dileep in dual role and Gopika and Salim Kumar in supporting role.
Anandakkuttan, a junior artist in movies takes up a responsibility to look after his long-lost German brother, Akash Menon. However, as Akash is autistic and mentally disabled, he causes trouble to everyone around him, including the neighbors. Initially Anandakkuttan finds the troublesome Akash annoying and hates him, but ultimately develops love and deep connection towards Akash.
- Dileep as Anandakkuttan Menon (Anand) and Akash Menon
- Gopika as Nimmy (Koirala), Anandakuttan's love interest
- Salim Kumar as Chandran
- Siddique as Samuel Issac, Akash's foster father
- Suhasini as Anandakuttan's and Akash's mother.
- Rosshan Andrrews as Himself
- Idavela Babu as Subair, a travel agent
- Indrans as Abraham Lincoln, production controller
- Kalasala Babu as Sugunan, Nimmy's father
- Fazil as Himself
- Rekha as Akash's foster mother
- Rajan P. Dev as Keshavan
- Viji Thampi as Himself
- Jayaraj as Himself
- Baburaj as Himself
- Mafia Sasi
- Machan Varghese
- Mamukkoya as Kunjikka
- Biju Kuttan
- Kalabhavan Haneef as ATM security
- Dinesh Prabhakar as Junior Artist
- Nimisha Suresh as Diya, the Butterfly Girl from Germany
- Sangeetha Shivan
- Shamna Kasim as Raji, sister of Nimmy
- Kalabhavan Shajon as Usman, a driver who is a friend of Anandakuttan
- Suraj Venjaramoodu as a police officer
- Saranya Mohan as the kashmiri girl in the shooting spot shown at the beginning of the movie.
- Munshi Venu
- Kalabhavan Prajod
- Kalabhavan Santhosh
All songs were written by Gireesh Puthenchery and composed by Ilaiyaraaja.
- "Oru Thottaavaadi" - Jyotsna Radhakrishnan, Vijay Yesudas
- "Kalikonda" - MG Sreekumar
- "Butterfly" - Bhavatharani, Karthik Gireesh Puthenchery
- "Varavelkkumo" - Madhu Balakrishnan, Jyotsna Radhakrishnan
- ^ "Pachakuthira: A wasted opportunity".
- ^ "Dileep again in a double role in Pachakuthira - Malayalam News". 2 March 2006.
- ^ "Pachakuthira review. Pachakuthira Malayalam movie review, story, rating".
- ^ "Pachakuthira (2006) | Pachakuthira Malayalam Movie | Movie Reviews, Showtimes". 11 February 2006.
- ^ "Pitied and desexualised: How Malayalam cinema has portrayed people with disability". 11 May 2019.
- ^ "Pachakuthira".[dead link]
- ^ "Malayalam actor Munshi Venu passed away - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Pachakuthira at IMDb