|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2009)|
|Location||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|No. of stores and services||83|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||1,037,518 ft²|
|No. of floors||3|
Pacific Centre is a shopping mall located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It is operated by Cadillac Fairview Corporation. Based on the number of stores, most of which are underground, it is the largest mall in Downtown Vancouver with over 100 stores and shoppes. Anchor stores include Holt Renfrew, Apple Store, Harry Rosen, H&M, Sport Chek and Atmosphere. In 2015, Nordstrom will open a new flagship store.
The City of Vancouver approved an 578,000 sq ft. expansion of Pacific Centre, including retail premises that will extend to the street on both sides of West Georgia Street, and a direct link connecting the shopping centre with the new Vancouver City Centre SkyTrain station on Granville Street. The link opened in the summer of 2009 in conjunction with the opening of the Canada Line.
In 2012, an incident at Pacific Centre Mall sparked an investigation by the Ministry of Justice and the Vancouver police. A security guard was shown on videotape striking a disabled man suspected of shoplifting, throwing him from his wheelchair on the floor and yelling profane language. The guard in question — Ali Rahnumah, 30, an employee of Genesis Security — was fired over the incident and criminally charged. He is suing Genesis Security for wrongful dismissal. The investigation itself ultimately concluded that the guard acted with unnecessary force and had used profanity contrary to the Security Services Regulation of that province.
- H&M (31,437 sq ft. over 2 levels)
- Holt Renfrew (140,414 sq ft. over 3 levels)
- Nordstrom (coming soon) (230,000 sq ft. over 3 levels)
- Sport Chek/Atmosphere (36,575 sq ft. over 2 levels)
- Harry Rosen
- Michael Kors
(square footage is approximate)
- Sears (600,000 sq ft. over 7 levels) - closed; to be replaced by Nordstrom in 2015
- List of largest shopping malls in Canada
- Hotel Vancouver (1916), which once sat on the site of Pacific Centre
- Wheelchair-bound man’s handling by mall guards investigated. UPI.com (2012-11-02). Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- B.C. Wheelchair Takedown Under Investigation. Huffingtonpost.ca. Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- Vancouver mall cop allegedly knocked wheelchair-bound man to ground. UPI.com (2013-03-29). Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- B.C. wheelchair takedown under investigation - British Columbia - CBC News. Cbc.ca (2012-11-01). Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- Crawford, Tiffany. (2013-01-18) Vancouver security guard used â€˜unnecessary forceâ€™ on man in wheelchair. Vancouversun.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- Pacific Centre official site
- City of Vancouver Development Permit Board report on expansion proposal