Pacific Drums and Percussion
|Founded||Santa Monica, California, United States (2000)|
|Don Lombardi, Founder|
|Products||Drums, percussion instruments and drum hardware|
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pacific Drums and Percussion (or PDP for short) is a division company under Drum Workshop established in the year 2000 to provide drum equipment to those unable to afford the higher prestige and quality Drum Workshop equipment.
Pacific Drums and Percussion also manufactures drum hardware and accessories. Their factory is located at Oxnard, California. The line still uses some custom techniques, but primarily uses computerized machinery to cut costs and reduce steps to create drums in large quantities.
Current drum lines
- Concept Series - is a new line of PDP drums that are available in both all-maple or all-birch shells. All shells are 7-ply, except for the snare which is 10-ply.
- New Yorker - is a new line of compact drums with poplar shells. Available in a choice of 2 wraps.
- Mainstage - PDP's latest entry level kit that includes hardware, cymbals, and drum throne.
- Z5 - PDP's entry level of drums that are all-wood construction, FinishPly wrap, and an array of five color choices.
- PDP Player - A junior drum kit which includes a kick drum, two rack toms, a floor tom, and a snare. This kit also comes with a crash/ride cymbal, a set of hi-hats, and a child-sized throne.
Discontinued Drum Lines
- X7 - As the name implies, these kits are pre-configured as a 7 piece kit. They were made from poplar (up until 2009), and came with both lacquer and wrap finishes. For 2009, the X7 kit featured all-maple shells. Pearlescent Black replaced Orange Sparkle for 2010. Purple Sparkle is also available.
- M5 - The M5 shell kit is all maple. Like the FS series, 8" and 16" add-on toms were available.
- FS - These drums are made from Birch and come with matte lacquer finishes. These drums were pre-configured as a fusion kit with 8" and 16" toms available as add-ons.
- Platinum Series - PDP's top-of-the-line drums made from maple. These drums came in a wide range of sizes and four different types of finishes (FinishPly, Satin, Lacquer, and Exotic). For 2010, only four finishes are available. The series was discontinued in 2011.
- 805 - Drums made from Birch and come in either a lacquer or wrap finishes and powder-coated hardware, with Fusion and Rock sizes available. The series was discontinued in 2009.
- LX/LXE - Drums made from maple and came in a lacquer finish. LXE series drums came in exotic lacquer finishes.
- MX/MXR - Drums made from maple and came in satin finish. MXR series drums were available in rock sizes.
- CX/CXR - Drums made from maple and came in a FinishPly wrap. CXR series drums were available in rock sizes.(the finest drums made by PDP, DW Quality made in Mexico)
- FX/FXR - Drums made from birch and come in a lacquer. FXR series drums were available in rock sizes. Replaced by the FS series.
- EX - Mid-level kits constructed from beech, oak, and mahogany.
- EZ - A budget-priced entry-level drumset. Replaced by the Z5 series.
- Concept Series - Black Nickel over Steel (Available in sizes 6.5"x 14", 6.5"x 13", 5.5"x 14", 6"x 12", and 6"x 10")
- Specialty - LTD Classic Wood Hoop (Available in sizes 6"x 14" and 7"x 14") LTD Bubinga (Available in sizes 5.5"x 14", 6.5"x 14", 7"x 13", and 8"x 14") LTD Birch (Available in sizes 5.5"x14", 6.5"x14)
- Black Wax - Maple Snares (Available in sizes 5.5"x 14", 5.5"x 13", 6.5"x 14", 7"x 13", 6"x 12", and 6"x 10")
- Other* - Black Nickel over Brass Ace of Spades Snare (Available in sizes 5"x 14" and 6.5"x 14"
- Mainstage (Available only in 6"x 10")
- Chrome over Steel Piccolo (Available only in 13"x 3.5")
- Limited bubinga (Available in sizes 6.5"x 14" , 5.5"x 14" , 7"x 13" , 8"x 14")
- SX Series Hammered brass
- SX Series Dual beaded brass
- Eric Hernandez "e-Panda" Signature Snare
- Chad Smith Clear Acrylic Signature Snare 
- 700 Series - PDDT720 Tractor Throne
- PDHH700 3-Legged Hi Hat Stand (20' Min / 25" Max Height)
- PDCB700 Straight/Boom Cymbal Stand
- PDSS700 Snare Stand (18" Min / 25" Max Height)
- PDCS700 Straight Cymbal Stand
- PDDT700 Throne (20" Min / 25" Max Height)
- 800 Series - PDCB800 Straight/Boom Cymbal Stand
- PDCS800 Straight Cymbal Stand
- PDDT820-X Tractor Throne (21" Min / 28" Max Height)
- PDHH800-01 3-Legged Hi Hat Stand
- PDSS800 Snare Stand (17" Min / 21" Max Height)
- PDHH820 2-Legged Hi Hat Stand
- PDDT800-04 Standard Throne (21" Min/ 28" Max Height)
- Concept Series - PDHHC20 2-Legged Hi Hat Stand
- PDHHC00 3-Legged Hi Hat Stand
- PDSSC00 Snare Stand (16" Min / 24" Max Height)
- PDDTC00 Throne (22" Min / 28" MAX Height)
- PDCSC00 Straight Cymbal Stand
- PDCBC00 Boom Cymbal Stand
- PDTSC90 Double Tom Stand
- 500 Series - SP500 Single Pedal and DP502 Double Pedal features:
- Dual Chain Drive
- Auxiliary Side Base Plate
- Side Adjustable Toe Clamp
- Two-Way Beater Ball
- Offset Cam
- 400 Series - SP400 Single Pedal and DP402 Double Pedal features:
- Two-Way Beater Ball
- Auxiliary Side Base Plate
- Offset Cam
- Lefty Version of 402 Available
- Concept Series - Direct Drive Single Pedal and Double Pedal features:
- Cobalt Low-Mass Drive Train
- Retractable Spurs
- Needle Bearing Hinges
- DW Air Beater (felt/plastic)
- XF Extended Footboard (270mm / 10.6")
- Offset Toe Clamp
- DW Spring Rocker Adjustment
- Dual Base-Plate (double)
Notable Endorsing Artists
Most of these artists use their DW kits as their primary kit. They are rarely seen using their PDP kits, but often appear on PDP advertisements.
- Eric Moore - Suicidal Tendencies
- Jordan Mancino - As I Lay Dying (Uses LXE series drum live, as seen at Warped Tour 2008)
- Joey Castillo - Queens of the Stone Age (Uses DW kits live)
- Mike Cosgrove - Alien Ant Farm
- Brain - Guns N' Roses (Uses DW kits live)
- Stephen Perkins - Jane's Addiction
- Longineu W. Parsons III - Yellowcard (Uses DW kits live and in studio)
- Travis Smith - Trivium
- The Rev - Avenged Sevenfold (Used DW kits live and in studio, also used PDP LXE for City of Evil)
- Tony Thaxton - Motion City Soundtrack
- Brooks Wackerman - Bad Religion
- Yael - My Ruin
- John Mennel - Clouds On Strings
- Alex Ashtiani - Life Among The Living
- Jose Pasillas - Incubus (features PDP drums on the "Make a Move" video)
- Scott Ellis - She Wants Revenge
- Saul - Soul Opus
- Chad Smith - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Eric "EPanda" Hernandez - Bruno Mars
- Daru Jones - Jack White Band
- Johnny Rabb - (Clinician/Drum 'n' Bass extraordinaire)
- Jordan Jones - Evangel Life Center Worship Team
- Gary "Zeus" Smith - Aittala
- Banda Brazo Fuerte - (Uses PDP Concept Birch kits live)
- Mick Fleetwood - Fleetwood Mac (uses DW collectors series live)