|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Products||Electric power from renewable sources|
|Parent||State Power Investment Corporation|
|Subsidiaries||Pacific Hydro Australia
Pacific Hydro Brazil (former SES Soluções de Energias Sustentáveis)
Pacific Hydro Chile
Pacific Hydro is a renewable energy company headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. It is owned by State Power Investment Corporation. The company was founded in 1992, operating renewable energy projects and started its first wind farm in 2010. Pacific Hydro develops hydro, wind, solar and geothermal power projects. In addition to Australia, the company operates also in Brazil and Chile.
The company is also active in the carbon market in the production and trading of carbon credits from its run-of-river hydro projects registered under the Clean Development Mechanism of the Kyoto Protocol.
On 30 November 2006, Pacific Hydro acquired wind farms developer SES Soluções de Energias Sustentáveis and renamed it Pacific Hydro Brazil.
Power stations owned and operated by Pacific Hydro include:
- Eildon Pondage Power Station
- Ord River Hydro Power Station
- The Drop Hydro
- William Hovell Power Station, a hydro–electric power station in the Hume region of Victoria, Australia
- "Our Management". pacifichydro.com. Retrieved 2014-02-17.
- "Pacific Hydro welcomes Keyneton wind farm approval". businessspectator.com.au. 2013-12-09. Retrieved 2014-02-17.
- "RRES renergys Group sells SES Soluções de Energias Sustentáveis". Windfair. 2006-12-13. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Victorian hydro plants". Projects: Operations. Pacific Hydro. 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2014.