|First appearance||Avengers West Coast #69 (April 1991)|
|Base(s)||Island of Demonica
Ocean floor base in the Pacific
Filmland in Wax museum
The Pacific Overlords made their first appearance in Avengers West Coast #69-#74 (April - September 1991). They made later appearances in Avengers West Coast #93-#95 (April - June 1993) and Avengers West Coast Annual #7 (August 1992).
Ficitonal team biography
Doctor Demonicus creates the Pacific Overlords by using fragments of a meteorite on several powerless individuals, giving them superhuman powers. He names this meteorite the Lifestone. The team is formed to help him create his own island country, which he names Demonica. Once he succeeds in achieving this goal, he manages to get recognition from the U.N. in exchange for promising to share the mineral rights to the island. The island sinks after battling the West Coast Avengers.
- Big One (Kenjiro Sasaki) - Big One is the mutated infant son of Taifu and Pele. He has superhuman strength and durability. He is reverted into his toddler form.
- Cybertooth (Yen Hsieh) - Cybertooth has a cybernetic jaw and teeth, allowing him to bite through solid stone.
- Doctor Demonicus (Douglas Birely) - Demonicus has a Ph.D. in genetics.
- Irezumi (Kayama Inoue)- Irezumi has the ability to create tattoos of any opponent he faces. The tattoo returns any power directed at him by the opponent at double the intensity.
- Jawbreaker (Tung Rapongan) - Jawbreaker has superhuman strength.
- Kain (Morgan Kain) - Kain is able to increase his size to about 100 feet. He has metal rods protruding from him that allow him to control machinery.
- Klaw (Ulysses Klaw) - Klaw is a being made of living sound.
- Kuroko (Aya Komatsu) - Kuroko has the ability to become invisible.
- Living Lightning (Miguel Santos) - Living Lightning is now a sentient being of living electricity, capable of flight and control of electricity. He is a member of the Rangers, Texas' Initiative team.
- Morning Star (Marya Meshkov) - Morning Star has the ability to fly and generate blasts of heat and flame.
- Pele (Michi Sasaki) Pele has the ability to fly, as well as the ability to manipulate fire and heat. She is the wife of Taifu and the mother of Big One.
- Sunfire (Shiro Yoshida) - Sunfire is able to convert solar energy into plasma. His presence on the team is the result of mind control by Doctor Demonicus. He is a member of the Avengers Unity Squad and Clan Yashida.
- Taifu (Toshio Sasaki) - Taifu has the ability to control wind. He is the husband of Pele and the father of Big One.
- Avengers West Coast #74 (September 1991)
- Pacific Overlords at the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe
|This Marvel Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|