View of Pacific Place entrance from Queensway
|Address||88 Queensway Admiralty and 1-3 Queen Road East Wan Chai, Hong Kong Island|
|Opening date||1991 (shopping mall fully opened)|
|Total retail floor area||Over 710,000 sq ft|
|No. of floors||4 (shopping mall)|
|Parking||500 parking spaces|
Pacific Place is a complex of office towers, hotels and a shopping centre situated at 88 Queensway, in Admiralty, Hong Kong. The latest phase, Three Pacific Place, is located at 1 Queen's Road East Wan Chai.
The four-level mall is home to over 130 shops and boutiques and one major department store, collectively offering an array of contemporary fashion and luxury brands. The complex is also home to three five-star hotels, a boutique hotel, three Grade-A office towers and 270 five-star serviced apartments.
Pacific Place complex is owned and managed by Swire Properties, with the exception of the three hotels (Conrad Hong Kong, Island Shangri-La and JW Marriott Hotel), in each of which it retains a 20% equity interest.
Pacific Place was developed by Swire Properties. Phases One and Two were built on land formerly part of Victoria Barracks, one of the first military compounds in Hong Kong. The land was auctioned by the Hong Kong Government during redevelopment and was successfully bid for by Swire. It was purchased in two tranches in 1985 and 1986 for a total cost of US$1 billion. Phase One opened in 1988. The Conrad International Hotel was completed in 1991. Phase Three was completed in 2004. It was developed from old buildings on Star Street, Wan Chai.
Pacific Place underwent a major renovation that was completed in 2011. It involved interior, exterior, and architectural refinements which cost more than HK$1.5 billion. The natural, warmer and softer design of the development, with a contemporary sophisticated style was developed by Thomas Heatherwick. Along with softened aesthetics of both the mall's interior and the exterior of the complex, Swire Properties also revealed a new logo for Pacific Place to replace the one in existence since the late 1980s. The new identity comprises free-flowing lines that come together to form the complex's name, accompanied by a monogram composed of two connected "P"s.
- One Pacific Place
- JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House
- Three Pacific Place
The four-level shopping arcade houses both lifestyle and high-end shops in areas ranging from entertainment, dining, accessories to apparel. It houses one department store, Harvey Nichols. A footbridge connects it across Queensway to Queensway Plaza and United Centre. It is connected by tunnels to the Admiralty MTR Station and Three Pacific Place. Escalators connect it to Hong Kong Park.
LG1: There are several restaurants in the basement including Kokomi, Peking Garden, Thai Basil, Tien Yi Chinese Restaurant, Café MET (previously known as Metropolitan Café) and Zelo. GREAT is also located at LG1.
L1: AMC Pacific Place was opened in December 2006 including over 600 seats. The mall also houses a number of fashion brands including Ted Baker, Zara, Links of London and more. Other shops include Hong Kong Records CD Store, Wise-Kids, Universal Audio & Video Centre, L'Occitane En Provence and more.
The Beauty Gallery on L1 is open for business in early August 2012, housing international beauty brands including Chanel, BEYORG, Giorgio Armani, Joyce Beauty, La Mer, La Prairie, Natura Bissé, Shu Uemura and Yves Saint Laurent.
L2: High-end fashion shops include Bally, I.T, Joyce, Lanvin, Chanel, Roberto Cavalli and Sandro, etc. Other shops include Il Colpo, C'est La B, Chinese Arts & Crafts, Kelly & Walsh Book Store, Lladró, Montblanc and Smythson.
- John Swire & Sons (H.K.) Ltd., Swire Group company: 33rd floor
- Cathay Pacific – Registered office: 33rd floor – The head office is at Hong Kong International Airport
- China International Fund
- Simmons & Simmons
- Pacific Place: About Us
- Swire: Swire Properties Limited
- Three Pacific Place on emporis.com
- Three Pacific Place on skyscraperpage.com
- "Star Struck!", in Swire News, 1st issue, 2009, pp. 10–15
- Conrad International Hotel on emporis.com
- Conrad International Hotel on skyscraperpage.com
- Swire News, 2008 Autumn, page 4
- Pacific Place: The Great Mind Behind
- "HK Island ShangriLa Hotel". Simtropolis. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- "Contact Information JOHN SWIRE & SONS OFFICES." Swire Group. Retrieved on 12 September 2011. "John Swire & Sons (H.K.) Ltd. 33/F, One Pacific Place 88 Queensway Hong Kong"
- "Hong Kong". Cathay Pacific. Retrieved 8 September 2010. "Address Head Office: Cathay Pacific City, 8 Scenic Road, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong Registered office: 33rd Floor, One Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong"
- 88 Queensway Group, A Case Study in Chinese Investors' Operations in Angola and Beyond. US–China Economic & Security Review Commission. Levkowitz, McLellan Ross & Warner 10 July 2009
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pacific Place.|