||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Pacific Plaza was an Oriental shopping and food court complex situated in Wembley, London. It closed in April 2011. It aimed to be similar to Oriental City at 399 Edgware Road, but was much smaller and has much fewer facilities and shops.
Pacific Plaza opened on 5 December 2009 and had numerous restaurants and food court outlets, with an oriental supermarket which was due to open in early March 2010 but never opened. The popular Japanese tableware and ceramics store, Utsuwa-no-Yakata, previously at Oriental City reopened under the new name of Doki Ltd.
The Plaza was situated in Wembley Retail Park, Engineers Way, Wembley, Middlesex, HA9 0EG, which was a short walk away from Wembley Park tube station.
Several businesses were open on the ground floor.
- Doki - this was the Japanese crockery shop which used to trade as Utsuwa-No-Yakata in Oriental City.
- Tetote Factory - a Japanese bakery. It also sold hot drinks.
- O's Beauty - A beauty salon.
- 8am Healthcare Ltd - Acupuncture and Chinese medicine.
- Ceramics shop - Sold products such as large vases.
- Nick Nak shop - Sold a range of products such as bags, hair accessories and other accessories.
There were twelve stalls in the Food Court located on the first floor, of which eight opened before closing. Much like Oriental City before it, food at Pacific Plaza consisted of authentic national cuisine from various Asian countries:
- Spicy Thai - Thai cuisine.
- NP Star Snack Bar - Japanese & Malaysian, specialised in crepes, fried things, takoyaki, and fruit skewers with chocolate dip.
- China House - Chinese/roast meat/dim sum/rice & noodles/Sichuan place.
- Hot Korean - Korean cuisine.
- Shan - Japanese, pan-Asian cuisine, previously Zen at Oriental City.
- Nambu - Japanese Donburi (rice) and udon dishes.
- Seleramu - Malaysian hawker food.
- Darjeeling Momo — specialised in dumplings, but also served rice dishes.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pacific Plaza.|
- Pacific Plaza
- London Randomness Guide to Pacific Plaza
- Early look at Pacific Plaza, willeatformoney.blogspot.com, December 2009
- Updated look at Pacific Plaza, willeatformoney.blogspot.com, February 2010
- Another look at the new complex