Map of Pacific Raceways
|Location||Lake Morton-Berrydale, Washington, near Kent, Washington, United States of America|
|Former names||Seattle International Raceways|
|Major events||National Hot Rod Association, SCCA, ICSCC|
|Surface||Asphalt and concrete|
|Length||2.25 mi (3.62 km)|
Pacific Raceways is a mixed-use road racing and drag racing facility near Kent, Washington. The race track was constructed in 1959 and opened in 1960. The track was originally named Pacific Raceways, then became known as Seattle International Raceway in 1976. After the landowner regained control of the track in 2002, the name reverted to Pacific Raceways.
Pacific Raceways features a 2.25 miles (3.62 km) road course which is used by the SCCA, Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts (SOVREN), and ICSCC for automobile road racing. The Washington Motorcycle Road Racing Association (WMRRA) uses the course for motorcycle road racing. The course has more than 125 feet (38 m) of elevation change and a beautiful naturally wooded back section.
The track hosts a performance driving school which offers several curricula, including sanctioned race licensing courses, performance driving, lapping clinics, and specialty driving instruction. The facility also features a dragstrip which is used by local organizations and the NHRA for both regional and national-level races, plus a dirt motocross track.
- Jerry Ruth, NHRA world champion who frequently raced at Pacific Raceways
- Susan Wade. "Exit Interview: Seattle's Jim Rockstad". DragRacingOnline.com. Retrieved 17 September 2010.
- "Drag Strip". pacificraceways.com. Pacific Raceways. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- Kelley, Arthur (9 December 1962). "S.C.C.A. Establishes New Racing Program". Boston Globe. Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- Washington Motorocycle Road Racing Association. "Washington's Road Race Tracks". Retrieved 17 September 2010.
- Jerry Smith. "Pacific Raceways Transforms Itself". PartsAndPeople.com. Retrieved 17 September 2010.
- NHRA. "NHRA Member Tracks". Retrieved 17 September 2010.
- NHRA. "NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing 2011 Schedule". Retrieved 17 September 2010.
- "NHRA MELLOW YELLOW DRAG RACING SERIES SCHEDULE". www.nhra.com. NHRA. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- ChampCarStats. "Seattle International Raceway". Retrieved 17 September 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pacific Raceways.|