California Miramar University
Seal of California Miramar University
|Motto||Scientia Potentia Est|
Motto in English
|"Knowledge is Power"|
|Colors||Dark red, blue, gold|
California Miramar University (CMU) is a for-profit university in San Diego, California. The university offers degree programs through distance education and a combination of on-line and classroom (hybrid) delivery. It is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
The California Post-Secondary Education Commission and California Miramar University list CMU's date of establishment as 2005. According to California Miramar University's website, CMU purchased the assets of Pacific Western University, including its State of California approval status, in late 2005. As part of the asset sale, an institutions transition plan was implemented that called for PWU (California) to relocate to San Diego and teach out all active students over 18 months.
In early 2007, the conditions of the asset transition were complete and the California State Approval was officially transferred to CMU. At that time Pacific Western University (California) ceased operations. Later that year California Miramar University filed for accreditation. As part of the accreditation process the accrediting agency ruled that CMU and PWU California were separate schools that operated under separate academic standards. The accreditation agencies stipulated that graduates of Pacific Western University - California would not be eligible to receive CMU diplomas or transcripts and that the records of the two schools should be held separate. To comply with accreditation requirements, CMU transferred copies of all PWU – California institutional and student records to Education Services, which now serves as the official custodian of records for all PWU students.
California Miramar University offers the degree programs at the undergraduate level degrees in business administration. The bachelor level program in business administration include five separate majors. The graduate level degrees include six separate majors in the Masters of Business Administration degree program, Master of Science degree programs in Strategic Leadership, Master of Science in Computer Information Systems and four separate majors in the Doctor of Business Administration degree program.
Accreditation and approvals
The university is accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC), the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), and the Distance Education Accrediting Commission. It is also approved under the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009, section 94890.
- California Miramar University in Guide to California Colleges and Universities, California Post-Secondary Education Commission
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 7, 2012. Retrieved April 23, 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 19, 2012. Retrieved April 17, 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "California Miramar University Catalog" (PDF). 2018–19.CS1 maint: date format (link)
- "DETC 2009–2010 Directory of Accredited Institutions" (PDF). DETC. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 31, 2010.
- ACICS Council Actions December 2009
- "Report from the Accrediting Commission July 22, 2019" (PDF). deac.org. July 22, 2019. Retrieved September 18, 2019.
- California Private Postsecondary Act of 2009
- BPPE List of Approved Schools