Pacifica High School (Garden Grove, California)
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (April 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Pacifica High School|
6851 Lampson Avenue
|School district||Garden Grove Unified School District|
|Student to teacher ratio||24.33|
|Color(s)||Black, white, and blue|
|Athletics conference||Empire League|
Pacifica's sports teams, the Mariners, compete in the Empire League of the California Interscholastic Federation's Southern Section. Before 2006, they competed in the Garden Grove League with the other schools in the district.
Sports offerings are:
- Football (boys)
- Cross Country (coed)
- Tennis (coed)
- Volleyball (coed)
- Waterpolo (coed)
- Basketball (coed)
- Soccer (coed)
- Wrestling (boys)
- Baseball (boys)
- Softball (girls)
- Swim (coed)
- Track (coed)
- Golf (coed)
Marching band and drumline
In 2003 and from 2005 through 2009, the Pacifica Marching band's drumline took the Southern California Percussion Alliance gold medal, and from 2006 through 2009, it garnered the Winter Guard International World Championship gold medal in the Percussion Scholastic Open division, along with numerous first-place finishes throughout Southern California. Pacifica also finished with a Percussion Alliance bronze medal in 2004 and a Winter Guard International silver medal in 2005. The Pacifica drumline is the second ensemble to have captured four consecutive WGI World Championship golds.
- Danny Barber, pro soccer
- Pam Bileck, Olympics gymnast
- Jeff Carlson, professional football
- Jon Dorenbos, professional football and magician
- Michelle Dusserre, Olympics gymnast
- Larry Fortensky, construction worker, husband of actress Elizabeth Taylor
- Amanda Freed, Olympics softball
- Dexter Holland, singer and guitarist
- Norm Johnson, professional football
- Greg Kriesel, musician
- Terry Kubicka, Olympics figure skating
- Kevin Wasserman, guitarist
- "Pacifica High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved May 6, 2020.
- "Pacifica High". Los Angeles Times. June 3, 1998.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on June 17, 2015. Retrieved June 15, 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
-  Archived July 4, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Pacifica High School
- 1985 Pacifica High School yearbook.
- "Jeff Carlson". Pro-Football-Reference.com.
- NFL.com Bio
- She Alone Carries On For U.s. – Chicago Tribune
- Here Comes the Groom... : People.com
- "Amanda Freed". UCLABruins.com. UCLA. Archived from the original on December 17, 2002. Retrieved October 14, 2018.
- "Famous People from Pacifica". Pacifica School History. Garden Grove Unified School District. Archived from the original on September 19, 2008.
- 1978 Pacifica High School yearbook
- 1971 Pacifica High School yearbook WGG Library