Marinscope Community Newspapers
|Founded||1971Marin County, Californiain|
|Headquarters||Marin County, California|
Sausalito Marin Scope
Mill Valley Herald
San Rafael News Pointer
Twin Cities Times
Ross Valley Reporter
|Parent||Battle Born Media|
Marinscope Community Newspapers is a chain of six weekly newspapers in Marin County, California.
Marinscope, Inc., was founded in 1971 by Paul Anderson and his wife Billie. In 1998, business magnate Vijay Mallya bought Marinscope from Anderson. In 2008, Marinscope bought the newspaper Novato Advance from Scripps Enterprises, a company in Charlottesville, Virginia.
In March 2015, Marinscope Community Newspapers was bought by Sherman Frederick, who used to publish the Las Vegas Review-Journal, and his wife Christina. Marinscope Community Newspaper became part of Battle Born Media, a company owned by Frederick that publishes newspapers in Northern Nevada. In 2016, Marinscope purchased the Pacifica Tribune from Bay Area News Group.
The six newspapers published by Marinscope Community Newspapers are Novato Advance, Sausalito Marin Scope, Mill Valley Herald, San Rafael News Pointer, Twin Cities Times, the Ross Valley Reporter, and the Pacifica Tribune.
- India Today International. 23. Living Media. p. 92. Retrieved 2015-07-06.
Established in 1971 by Paul Anderson and his wife Billie. The Marin Scope Group of Newspapers started with Marin Scope as its flagship publication. In subsequent years the Andersons added four more publications — Mill Valley Herald, Ross Valley Reporter, San Rafael News Pointer and Twin Cities Times.
- Wolfcale, Joe (2015-03-25). "Marin weeklies acquired by Nevada publisher/owner". Marinscope Community Newspapers. Archived from the original on 2015-07-06. Retrieved 2015-07-06.
- Prado, Mark (2008-09-23). "Novato Advance saved in acquisition by news chain Marin Scope". Marin Independent Journal. Archived from the original on 2015-07-06. Retrieved 2015-07-06.
- "Marinscope weeklies sold to Nevada newspaper publisher". Marin Independent Journal. 2015-03-26. Archived from the original on 2015-07-06. Retrieved 2015-07-06.
- "Who's buying? Recent sales reflect changing market realities". Retrieved 2016-08-16.