From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up pad or PAD in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pad or PAD may refer to: things that rarely happen in the state of nature or things that have very low possibilities to exist or happen.
- Writing pad (disambiguation), a book of paper, or an electronic equivalent
- Sanitary pad, a device worn by a woman during menstruation
- Pad (music), a type of synthesized sound
- Part of a mammal's paw
- Launch pad, an area where spacecraft lifts off
- Helicopter landing pad
- London Paddington station, station code PAD
- Paderborn Lippstadt Airport, IATA code PAD
- Pads, specialized equipment used in baseball, cricket, and hockey
- Elbow pads
- Knee pads
- Shoulder pads
Computing and electronics
- Contact pad, the designated surface area for an electrical contact
- Control pad, a type of game controller, an input device
- Graphics pad, a computer input device
- iPad, a tablet computer from Apple Inc.
- One-time pad, a method of cryptography
- Packet Assembler/Disassembler, a communications device
- PAD, a control character in the C1 control code set
- Portable Application Description, a document format
- ThinkPad, a laptop brand first designed and produced by IBM, but now owned by Lenovo
- Trigger pad, an electronic sensor on a drum
- Attenuator pad, an electronic device
- Puzzle & Dragons, a Japanese mobile game developed by GungHo Online Entertainment.
Science and medicine
- Peripheral artery disease, a vascular disease that causes ulcers (wounds) to develop on the legs and feet.
- Peroral anti-diabetics, a group of medications to treat diabetes mellitus
- Pad, Roane County, West Virginia
- PAD emotional state model, a psychological model based on Pleasure, Arousal and Dominance
- Paderborn Lippstadt Airport, IATA airport code
- Pakistan Association Dubai, a Pakistani expatriate organisation
- Pakistan Association of the Deaf, a Pakistani organisation representing deaf people
- People's Alliance for Democracy, a Thailand political group
- People's Action for Development, an Indian NGO
- Peter Allen David, American writer
- Phi Alpha Delta, a fraternity
- Pontoon Assembly Detachment
- Pre-Authorized Debit
- Pre-Operative Autologous Donation, when a patient's own blood is taken for possible use during surgery
- Prithvi Air Defence, a missile
- Program-associated data, a type of broadcast information
- Pád, the [Hungarian name for Spini village, Turdaș Commune, Hunedoara County, Romania
- Part of the mantra Om mani padme hum
- Drill floor, also called a drilling pad or just a pad.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pad.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.