This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Patricia Mary Ursula Edwards
March 8, 1931
Bristol, England, UK
|Died||October 18, 1999
Encino, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||Respiratory failure|
Patricia Mary Ursula Edwards (March 8, 1931 – October 18, 1999), known as Paddi Edwards, was an English-born American actress. She worked steadily in film and television.
Raised in Wotton-under-Edge, the elder of two daughters of James and Rosemary (née Hughes) Edwards. She and her parents moved to the United States, where her younger sister, Loraine, was born. The family settled in Waban, Massachusetts. She became a naturalized United States citizen on December 15, 1952.
She found a niche in television movies and, towards the end of her life, doing voiceover work in projects for Disney, such as the roles of Flotsam & Jetsam in The Little Mermaid franchise, as the Future Fate Atropos in Hercules and as Vera in Pepper Ann.
Although a successful actress, she is very often remembered for her guest starring role as Anya, a shapeshifting mother-figure, on the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Dauphin", as well as providing the voice of the deity Gozer in Ghostbusters. She appeared on Night Court as Henrietta "Hank" Shannon, the mother of Bull Shannon (played by Richard Moll).
- Inn for Trouble (1960) - Deirdre
- Corvette Summer (1978) - Loop Gaffer
- Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) - Secretary
- To Be or Not to Be (1983) - Pub Waitress
- Blue City (1986) - Kate
- Stewardess School (1986) - Older Woman
- Surrender (1987) - Judge
- The Little Mermaid (1989) - Flotsam & Jetsam (voice)
- The Brave Little Toaster to the Rescue (1997) - Lab Computer (voice)
- Hercules (1997) - Atropos (voice)
- The Brave Little Toaster Goes to Mars (1998) - Satellite 1 (voice)
- An Extremely Goofy Movie (2000) - Receptionist at Office (voice)
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|