Paddy Power Gold Cup
|Grade 3 race|
|Distance||2m 4½f (4,124 metres)|
|Qualification||Four-years-old and up|
|Caid Du Berlais||Johns Spirit||Present View|
|Johns Spirit||Colour Squadron||Hidden Cyclone|
|Al Ferof||Walkon||Nadiya De La Vega|
|Little Josh||Dancing Tornado||Long Run|
|Tranquil Sea||Poquelin||Hold Em|
|Imperial Commander||Barbers Shop||Private Be|
|Exotic Dancer||Vodka Bleu||New Alco|
|Our Vic||Monkerhostin||Kandjar D'allier|
|Cyfor Malta||Poliantas||Wave Rock|
|Shooting Light||Foly Pleasant||Exit Swinger|
|Multum In Parvo||Thar-An-Bharr||New Halen|
|Joint Sovereignty||Golden Freeze||Dudie|
|Pegwell Bay||Dudie||Townley Stone|
The Paddy Power Gold Cup is a Grade 3 National Hunt chase in Great Britain which is open to horses aged four years or older. It is run on the Old Course at Cheltenham over a distance of about 2 miles and 4½ furlongs (4,124 metres), and during its running there are fifteen fences to be jumped. It is a handicap race, and it is scheduled to take place each year in mid November.
The event was established in 1960, and it was originally sponsored by Mackeson. It was known as the Mackeson Gold Cup until 1995, but since then it has had various sponsors and several title changes. It was backed by Murphy's from 1996, and by Thomas Pink from 2000. Its present sponsor, Paddy Power, began supporting the race in 2003.
Most successful horse (2 wins):
- Fortria – 1960, 1962
- Gay Trip – 1969, 1971
- Half Free – 1984, 1985
- Bradbury Star – 1993, 1994
- Cyfor Malta – 1998, 2002
Leading jockey (4 wins):
- Tony McCoy – Cyfor Malta (1998), Lady Cricket (2000), Shooting Light (2001), Exotic Dancer (2006)
Leading trainer (8 wins):
- Martin Pipe – Beau Ranger (1987), Challenger du Luc (1996), Cyfor Malta (1998, 2002), Lady Cricket (2000), Shooting Light (2001), Celestial Gold (2004), Our Vic (2005)
- Racing Post:
- pedigreequery.com – Paddy Power Gold Cup Chase – Cheltenham.
- sportingchronicle.com – Paddy Power Gold Cup.
- Ladbrokes Pocket Companion 1990/91. Aesculus Press. 1990. p. 40. ISBN 1-871093-21-X.
- Race Recordings
- Race Recordings