|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Established||September 11, 1957|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Med. Tri Hanggono Achmad, dr|
|Address||Jalan Dipati Ukur No. 35, Bandung 40132, Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
Dipatiukur Campus, BandungJatinangor Campus, Sumedang
Universitas Padjadjaran (Padjadjaran University or UNPAD) is an institution of higher learning located in Bandung, which is the provincial capital of West Java, Indonesia. Unpad was established on 11 September 1957, and officially opened by the President of Republic Indonesia Soekarno on the 24th of September 1957.
On January 14, 2014, Unpad was officially set as State University of Legal Entities. Additionally, Unpad has gained the most applicant and highest passing grade in National Selection of State University Entrance (SNMPTN) since 2013.
When established, the university had four departments: Law, Economics, Medicine, and Mathematics and Natural Sciences. Now it has developed into 16 faculties and several postgraduate programmes, 44 undergraduate programmes (Strata 1/S1), two specialist programmes, nine doctorate programmes (Strata 3/S3), 19 Master's degree programmes (Strata 2/S2), five profession programmes, one four-year diploma program (D4), and 32 three-year diploma programs (D3).
Initially established in Bandung, almost all undergraduate departments have been relocated to Jatinangor, a town near Sumedang, except for the departments of Law and Economics. Postgraduate departments still have their teaching facilities in Bandung.
For a time, Semaun was on the economics faculty.
Dipati Ukur Campus, located in Bandung City, is now dedicated mostly for postgraduate program. The other main campus is at Jatinangor.
Besides those two locations, there are several campuses spread over in Bandung City Area including Sekeloa, Singaperbangsa, Dago 4, Simpang Dago, Dago Atas, Dago Pojok, Banda, Cimadiri, Cisangkuy, Eikman, Pasirkaliki, Teuku Umar, and some other locations.
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Literature
- Faculty of Psychology
- Faculty of Animal Husbandry
- Faculty of Communication Sciences
- Faculty of Fisheries and marine science
- Faculty of Agriculture Industrial Technology
- Faculty of Nursing Science
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Geological engineering
- Post Graduate Program
Faculty of Medicine facilities
The faculty has five main buildings at the Jatinangor campus:
- A1: Administration.
- A2: Tutorial rooms, staff rooms, laboratories for physiology, pharmacology, biochemistry.
- A3: Interactive tutorial rooms (capacity of 300 persons), digital information system library and one computer laboratory.
- A4: Staff rooms and laboratories of anatomy, parasitology, microbiology, biology cell and 30 computerized tutorial rooms connected with intra internet, library and supporting facilities for discussion.
- A5: For general lectures, 30 clinical skill laboratories, 30 tutorial rooms, one computer laboratory for computer access and application of computerized statistics which is free to access by students and staffs
Each tutorial room has multimedia facilities (computer and LCD). The faculty has tutorial rooms at A3 and A5.
The faculty has the main library at Jatinangor campus and libraries at each department of the faculty as well as the library at Hasan Sadikin Hospital.
The main library in A3 has 31000 holdings (textbooks, national and international journals, newsletter, magazine, dissertation/thesis/final papers). Besides those, the library has electronics journals which provides 300 titles.
The library has air-conditioned rooms, reading rooms (100 users capacity), computer facilities connected to the internet to access electronic journal (e-library).
The faculty has four laboratories:
- Clinical skill laboratory
- Biomedical laboratory
- Computer laboratory
- Learning evaluation laboratory
The faculty has student dormitories. The first dormitory was built in 2006 (three floors and 50 bedrooms).
Previously the dormitories were accommodation facilities for all international students during their first year of study.
In September 2011, the university announced its intention to build a shopping centre and a three storey hotel in Jl. Dago with the profits used to finance the university.
- "Selama Empat Tahun, Peminat Unpad Tertinggi | Republika Online". Republika Online. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Unpad in SNMPTN 2016, With Most Applicants and Highest Passing Grade - Universitas Padjadjaran". Universitas Padjadjaran. 2016-05-11. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Padjajaran University expands business units". September 8, 2011.