Padma, Hazaribagh (community development block)
|Community development block|
|• Type||Community development block|
|Elevation||418 m (1,371 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Hazaribagh|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Barhi|
Padma is located at .
The block is situated at 23 kilometres (14 mi) north of Hazaribagh. Hazaribagh National Park is 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) from Padma. The Gram Panchayats covered by Padma intermediate panchayat are: Bandarbela, Bihari, Kutipisi, Padma, Pindarkon, Romi, Saraiya, and Suryapura.
Padma was the seat of Ramgarh Raj and the palace is located there.
Padma Block was established on 27 September, 1995.
As per 2011 Census of India, Padma CD Block had a total population of 56,014, all of which were rural. There were 28,941 males and 27,073 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 9,928 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 843.
The 79.7 km long first stage railway project from Koderma to Hazaribagh costing ₹ 936 crore was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 20 February 2015. The railway line passes through the Padma CD Block and there is a station at Padma.
- "Padma, India page". Falling Rain Genomics. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "Padma Block". District administration. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "Village Panchayat Names of PADMA,HAZARIBAGH,JHARKHAND". National Panchayat Directory,Panchayat Informatics Division,NIC. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "PM Narendra Modiflags off Hazaribagh-Koderma DMU train". The Indian Express 20 February 2015. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|