Padthaway Conservation Park
|Padthaway Conservation Park|
|Nearest town or city||Padthaway |
|Established||18 March 1971|
|Area||9.81 km2 (3.8 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Department for Environment and Water|
|Website||Padthaway Conservation Park|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Padthaway Conservation Park (formerly the Padthaway National Park) is a protected area in the Australian state of South Australia located in the state's south-east in the gazetted locality of Padthaway about 253 kilometres (157 mi) south-east of the state capital of Adelaide and about 2.5 kilometres (1.6 mi) north-east of the locality's town centre.
The conservation park occupies land in section 136 in the cadastral unit of the Hundred of Parsons which is bounded by Beeama-Parsons Road to the south and by Padthaway Road to the north. The land originally gained protected area status in 1971, when section 136 was gazetted as the Padthaway National Park. In 1972, the national park was renamed as the Padthaway Conservation Park upon the proclamation of the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972. As of March 2018, it covered an area of 9.81 square kilometres (3.79 sq mi).
In 1992, vegetation within the conservation park was described as consisting of two vegetation associations, i.e. a woodland of South Australian blue gum and rough barked manna gum and a low open forest dominated by brown stringybark, and two sub-associations, i.e. an open/low open woodland of South Australian blue gum and pink gum and open woodland of slaty sheoak.:27
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (refer 'DETAIL' tab )". CAPAD 2016. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Search results for 'Padthaway Conservation Park' with the following datasets selected – 'Suburbs and Localities', 'Government Towns', 'Hundreds', NPW and Conservation Properties' and 'Gazetteer'". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian Government. Retrieved 12 December 2018.
- Broomhill, G.R. (18 March 1971). "NATIONAL PARKS ACT, 1966: HUNDRED OF PARSONS—NATIONAL PARK DECLARED" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia: 1142. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- "Protected Areas Information System Reserve List" (PDF). Government of South Australia. 9 March 2018. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- South Australia. National Parks and Wildlife Service. South East District; Sutherland, Andrea; South Australia. National Parks and Wildlife Service (1992), Small parks of the upper South East management plans, South East, South Australia (PDF), Dept. of Environment and Planning, pp. 27–30, ISBN 978-0-7308-2665-1
- "Padthaway Conservation Park – listing on the now-defunct Register of the National Estate (Place ID 8127)". Australian Heritage Database. Department of the Environment. 21 October 1980. Retrieved 26 April 2018.