Paducah micropolitan area
The Paducah, KY-IL Micropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of four counties – three in the Jackson Purchase region of Kentucky and one in southern Illinois – anchored by the city of Paducah, Kentucky.
- Ballard County, Kentucky
- Livingston County, Kentucky
- McCracken County, Kentucky
- Massac County, Illinois
Places with more than 20,000 inhabitants
- Paducah, Kentucky (Principal city)
Places with 1,000 to 10,000 inhabitants
- Brookport, Illinois
- Farley, Kentucky (census-designated place)
- Hendron, Kentucky (census-designated place)
- La Center, Kentucky
- Ledbetter, Kentucky (census-designated place)
- Massac, Kentucky (census-designated place)
- Metropolis, Illinois
- Reidland, Kentucky (census-designated place)
Places with 500 to 1,000 inhabitants
Places with less than 500 inhabitants
- Blandville, Kentucky
- Carrsville, Kentucky
- Grand Rivers, Kentucky
- Joppa, Illinois
- Lone Oak, Kentucky (census-designated place)
- Smithland, Kentucky
- Bandana, Kentucky
- Bargerville, Illinois
- Lovelaceville, Kentucky
- Monkeys Eyebrow, Kentucky
- New Liberty, Illinois
- Round Knob, Illinois
- Shady Grove, Illinois
- Unionville, Illinois
As of the census of 2000, there were 98,765 people, 41,398 households, and 28,070 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 78.31% White, 19.53% African American, 0.22% Native American, 0.40% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 0.35% from other races, and 1.14% from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 0.95% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $32,317, and the median income for a family was $40,613. Males had a median income of $33,797 versus $20,906 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $17,994.
Combined Statistical Area
The Paducah–Mayfield Combined Statistical Area is made up of four counties in the Jackson Purchase region of Kentucky and one county in southern Illinois. The statistical area includes two micropolitan areas. As of the 2000 Census, the CSA had a population of 135,793 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 136,328).
- Micropolitan Statistical Areas (μSAs)
- Paducah (Ballard County, Kentucky; Livingston County, Kentucky; McCracken County, Kentucky; and Massac County, Illinois)
- Mayfield (Graves County, Kentucky)
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Table 2. Annual Estimates of the Population of Combined Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-02)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-26.