Page Plus Cellular
|Products||CDMA mobile phone operator|
|Footnotes / references|
Page Plus Cellular is a prepaid Verizon Wireless mobile virtual network operator in the United States operated by TracFone Wireless, Inc., subsidiary of the Mexican telecommunications firm América Móvil.
Page Plus Cellular was established in 1993 by Abdul Yassine, as Page Plus Communications, selling pager services in the Toledo, Ohio, area. In August 1998 the company was renamed Page Plus Cellular and launched services in Ohio and Michigan, followed by a nationwide launch in 2000.
Page Plus was originally headquartered in Holland, Ohio, and owned by Abdul Yassine. and as of January 2014, the Better Business Bureau had given it a rating of A+ with 151 complaints closed in the previous 3 years.
In May 2013, Mexican telecommunications company América Móvil purchased Page Plus Cellular for an undisclosed amount. As of January 6, 2014, regulatory approval was received and Page Plus Cellular has joined other Américan Móvil subsidiaries like TracFone. At the time of sale, Page Plus Cellular had 1.4 million subscribers. Page Plus Cellular, under the new ownership, is also a Better Business Bureau Accredited business with an A+ rating, since July 7, 2014, with 87 complaints filed with the [Better Business Bureau] in the past 3 years, with 50 of those being the past year, as of February 10, 2015.
Page Plus Cellular offers both pay-as-you-go and no-contract monthly plans. Both monthly and pay-as-you-go customers add voice minutes, data and text messages to their account by purchasing refill cards.
Page Plus Cellular sources its services to dealers who work as independent contractors under its own company name. Such sellers are known as authorized dealers with physical and/or online stores. Dealers can be located on their website.
- "TracFone doing Business as Page Plus Cellular Business Review in Holland, OH - Northwestern Ohio and Southeastern Michigan BBB". Bbb.org. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "TracFone acquires Verizon MVNO Page Plus Cellular and its 1.4M customers". FierceWireless.com. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "America Movil to Buy Page Plus Cellular Parent Start Wireless Group". PhoneNews.com. 2013-05-20. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "Page Plus Business Review in Medley, FL - South East Florida BBB". Bbb.org. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "No Contract Prepaid Plans | Cellular Prepaid Plans". Page Plus Cellular. 2014-08-26. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "Prepaid Wireless Dealers | Become a Prepaid Wireless Dealer". Page Plus Cellular. 2014-08-26. Retrieved 2016-08-09.