The parish is located in the central south of the island chain, immediately south of Hamilton Harbor on the main island. It is joined to Warwick Parish in the southwest, and Devonshire Parish in the northeast. As with most of Bermuda's parishes, it covers just over 2.3 square miles (about 6.0 km2 or 1500 acres). It had a population of 5,899 in 2016.
Public primary schools:
- St. Paul's Preschool
- Gilbert Institute
- As of 2016[update] it has 130 students and has Bermuda's sole primary deaf and hearing impaired student programme. In 2016 the Bermudian government proposed closing the school. Members of the PTA suggested the school could reduce costs by using parents to carry out maintenance. Grant Gibbons, the former Bermudian Minister for Education, expressed support to keep Gilbert open.
- Paget Primary School
Natural features in Paget include Hamilton Harbor, Coral Beach, Elbow Beach, and Grape Bay, as well as Salt Kettle, a peninsula which protects the approach to Hamilton Harbour, and Hinson's Island, which though geographically closer to Warwick Parish, is part of Paget. The island's only hospital, King Edward VII Memorial, is in Paget.
- Flora Duffy (born in 1987 in Paget, Bermuda) is a triathlete
- Brian Duperreault (born in 1947 in Paget, Bermuda) is CEO of AIG
- William Gilbert Gosling (1863 in Paget Parish – 1930 in Bermuda) was a Canadian politician, businessman and author. From 1916 to 1920, he served as the mayor of St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Jade Hannah (born in 2002 in Paget, Bermuda) is a Canadian swimmer
- "Bermuda 2016 Census" (PDF). Bermuda Department of Statistics. December 2016. Retrieved 22 March 2020.
- "GOVERNMENT, PRIVATE SCHOOLS & BERMUDA COLLEGE 2012/2013[permanent dead link]." Bermuda Ministry of Education. Retrieved on September 14, 2016.
- "Primary school fights to stay open". The Royal Gazette. 2016-02-11. Retrieved 2016-09-14.
- Zacharias, Adam (2016-02-15). "Parents fight to keep school open". The Royal Gazette. Retrieved 2016-09-14.
- Lagan, Sarah (2016-02-26). "Gibbons: I hope Gilbert Institute stays open". The Royal Gazette. Retrieved 2016-09-14.