Map of Samar with Pagsanghan highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Congr. district||1st district of Samar|
|• Mayor||Edgar Ceracas Tan|
|• Vice-Mayor||Bienvinida Repol|
|• Total||30.00 km2 (11.58 sq mi)|
|• Density||270/km2 (690/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Pagsanghan is municipality located interior of San Agustin, Gandara, Samar along the National Road, and nearby the sea where its name came from. The islet of Bangon and the islet of Cambaye were two-of-two branching river going out to the sea which in local language called Sanga, Guin-sangahan or Pinag-sangahan.
Pagsanghan is the trading center of historical missionaries located in Dapdap, Tarangnan, Samar, were religious Jesuits settle.
- Buenos Aires
- Caloloma (Rawis)
- Canlapwas (Pob.)
- Libertad (Pob.)
- San Luis
- Santo Niño (Pob.)
- Viejo (Pob.)
- Villahermosa Occidental
- Villahermosa Oriental
The Mayor of Pagsanghan as of December 2013 is Edgar Tan.
Water and Sanitation
The town water system is somewhat different here, they use Artesians, every household must have an artesian Jetmatic Pumps, houses located near the coastline have long pipelines going into the forest for Jetmatic pumping.
|Population census of Pagsanghan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Solid Waste Management
A garbage dumping site of the town is located right along the Provincial Road going and before the town, after Villahermoza. A garbage truck collects the wastes of the citizens here.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Province: Samar (Western Samar)". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Province of Western Samar". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 21 August 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|