Pahiram ng Isang Ina
|Pahiram ng Isang Ina|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Written by||Denoy Navarro-Punio|
|Directed by||Joel Lamangan|
|Creative director(s)||Jun Lana|
|Theme music composer||Jobart Bartolome|
|Opening theme||"Maari Ba Kitang Maging Ina"
by Joshua Pineda
|Composer(s)||Arnel de Pano|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||65 (final)|
|Executive producer(s)||Carolyn Galve|
|Running time||30–45 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i) SDTV|
|Original release||August 15 – November 11, 2011|
Pahiram ng Isang Ina (English: Borrow A Mother) is a Philippine drama series created and developed by GMA Network, starring Bea Binene and Jake Vargas with Maxene Magalona and Carmina Villaroel (her last show before returning to ABS-CBN). It premiered on August 15, 2011 replacing Blusang Itim on GMA's Dramarama Sa Hapon blocked (now Afternoon Prime) and on August 17, 2011 on GMA Pinoy TV, two days after its original premiere.
Emily is a compassionate and successful businesswoman. Since she lost her parents as a kid, she has always longed to have a family of her own. But because of a bad experience, she has lost her faith in people and trusted only those few around her.
When she meets Berna and Andoy, Emily feels a strong connection and empathizes with them for they are orphans just like her. On the other hand, the siblings believe that Emily could be the answer to their prayers that she could stand as their mother.
One fateful day, some men try to kidnap Emily and put her life in danger. Berna and Andoy find and help her get to the hospital. Though Emily survives, the trauma sets her to be in catatonic state (always blank and unable to talk). The siblings often visits her and in their attachment to her, they even pretend to be Emily's children.
Andrea, Emily's kindhearted cousin, discovers Berna and Andoy's pretensions and decides to intervene. But instead of driving them away, Andrea supports them in claiming Emily as their mother, hoping their pure love might help her cousin to get better.
Conflict arises when Johnny, Emily's former husband returns with his son, Luke. Emily treats Luke as her real son. Thus, Johnny, together with his new girlfriend Eloisa back for one reason—to get rid Emily in order for them to get all her wealth.
Eventually, Emily recovers from her condition and must choose whom she will trust and accept... the strangers Berna and Andoy or the deceitful Johnny and Luke?
- Carmina Villaroel as Emily Martinez
- Bea Binene as Bernadette Cortez
- Martin Delos Santos as Andoy Cortez
- Jake Vargas as Luke Velasco
- Maxene Magalona as Andrea Martinez
- Marco Alcaraz as Ryan Perez
- Antonio Aquitania as Johnny Velasco
- Bubbles Paraiso as Eloisa Delos Santos
- Chynna Ortaleza as Sophia
- Jim Pebengco as Karyo
- Tony Mabesa as Carlos
- Rita Iringan as Nenet
- Shyr Valdez as Veron
- Mike Magat as Egay
- Created by: GMA Entertainment TV Group
- Executive In-Charge of Production: Wilma V. Gavante
- Supervising Producer: Lilybeth Rasonable
- Assistant Vice President for Drama: Redgie Acuña Magno
- Program Manager: Cheryl Ching Sy
- Executive Producer: Carolyn Galve
- Creative Consultant: Des Garbes Severino
- Creative Head: Roy Iglesias
- Creative Director: Jun Lana
- Head Writer: Denoy Navarro Punio
- Writers: Renato Custodio
John Borgy Danao
- Production Designer: Edgar Martin Littaua
- Lighting Director: Monino Duque
- Director: Joel Lamangan
Rommel Peneza(2nd Unit Director)