Type of site
paidContent was an online media hub that covered news, information and analysis of the business of digital media. It was founded in 2002 by journalist Rafat Ali to "chronicle the evolution of digital content that is shaping the future of the media, information and entertainment industries."
Funded by Alan Patricof's Greycroft Partners in 2006, Rafat Ali's umbrella company, ContentNext, formerly had offices in Santa Monica, California and New York. ContentNext operated the PaidContent.org, PaidContent.org:UK, MocoNews.net, which covered the business of mobile content, and ContentSutra.com, which covered India's digital media markets.
In 2008, ContentNext was purchased by Guardian Media Group for a reported $30 million. It became a member of the Guardian Professional Group, though founder/editor Ali and CEO Richardson, formerly of Yahoo! Finance, continued to run the media website as an independent business.
- "The Economics of Digital Content | paidContent". Contentnext.com. 2011-10-14. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- Jemima Kiss (2008-07-11). "News & Media buys PaidContent publisher ContentNext | Media | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- Kiss, Jemima (2008-07-11). "Rafat Ali: from blogs to riches | Media | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. Archived from the original on 2015-04-17. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- Nathan Richardson's Modest Proposal Archived 2017-08-19 at the Wayback Machine Q&A by Dirk Smillie, Forbes.com, 2-3-09. Retrieved 3-13-09.
- Kaplan, David (2009-02-04). "paidContent.org - NYT's Keller: We're Looking For Ways To Charge For Online Content Again". Washingtonpost.com. Archived from the original on 2012-11-07. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- Rusli, Evelyn M. (February 8, 2012). "GigaOM Acquires paidContent". DealBook NYTimes. Archived from the original on 2013-03-28. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Why we are moving our media coverage over to Gigaom". Archived from the original on 2013-11-22. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
|This article about a news website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|