Paige Kristina Huff|
March 17, 1972
Wisconsin, United States
|Education||University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A. 1994)|
|Occupation||Television host and entrepreneur|
|Television||Hallmark Home & Family|
Russ Hemmis (div. 2005)|
Jason Short (m. 2015)
Early life and education
Hemmis, born as Paige Huff in Wisconsin, moved to California as a child. She attended St. John Eudes School and Chaminade College Preparatory in Southern California and is graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara where she received a B.A. in 1994 in Psychology and Theology.
Prior to her television career, Hemmis founded successful real estate and wedding planning businesses.
Through her construction background, Paige found a void in the marketplace when it came to women's tools and products and founded Tuff Chix, Inc. She released her first book, The Tuff Chix Guide to Easy Home Improvement, in December 2006.
Hemmis suffered from severe depression, which she sought treatment for in 2004. Both her mother and grandmother also suffered from depression. Hemmis was honored by the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance with the 2009 Rebecca Lynn Cutler Legacy of Life Award and has served as DBSA's celebrity spokesperson.
Hemmis was previously married to Russ Hemmis which ended in divorce in 2005. She married Jason Short, a singer in the pop-opera group ARIA, in a prime-time television special on Hallmark Channel which aired on June 22, 2015.
- Hemmis, Paige (2006). The Tuff Chix Guide to Easy Home Improvement. City of Westminster, England: Penguin Group. ISBN 9780452287617.
- "Alumnus of the Year - Profiles". sjeschool.net. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- Chi, Paul; Hamm, Liza (September 21, 2009). "My Depression Nightmare". People. Time Inc. 72 (12): 147–8. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "Paige Hemmis : Family Member". http://www.hallmarkchannel.com. Hallmark Channel. Retrieved April 8, 2015. External link in
- Bellamy, Steve (August 4, 2009). "ABC'S SUPERSTARS WON BY SKIER KRISTI LESKINEN AND DANCER MAKSIM CHMERKOSKIY". http://www.theskichannel.com. The Ski Channel. Retrieved April 8, 2015. External link in
- "The Superstars Teams". abc.go.com. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "Briefs: Paige Hemmis Offers Home Improvement Book". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. December 23, 2006. Retrieved April 8, 2015 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Goodwyn, Hannah. "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition's Paige Hemmis on Faith and Helping Others". cbn.com. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- Hemmis, Paige. "Depression Treatment Makeover: Hemmis Edition". health.com. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "Mood disorders focus for patient-directed DBSA". Lake Villa Review. Lake Villa, Illinois. February 4, 2010. Retrieved April 8, 2015 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Cooper, Matt (June 21, 2015). "Monday's TV highlights: Christopher Lee tribute and more". Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, California. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Hallmark Channel to Air 'Home & Family' Wedding Special in Primetime (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Los Angeles, California. March 17, 2015. Retrieved June 24, 2015.