March 19, 1955
Belvedere, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||David Peterson (divorced) (2 children)|
Paige Matthews Peterson (born March 19, 1955 in Marin County, California) is an American painter and illustrator specializing in acrylic landscapes, portraits, and figural images. She is the former daughter-in-law of billionaire and former US Secretary of Commerce Peter George Peterson. She now lives and works in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. Peterson's work has been characterized as "lyrical" by the Philadelphia Inquirer and "spare but evocative" by the San Francisco Chronicle. Peterson has been exhibited regularly in galleries from California to Maine (where, in 2004, her paintings appeared in a group show that also featured works by Christo, Chuck Close, and Alex Katz).
In 2002, Paige Peterson was featured in Studios by the Sea, a photographic account, by Bob Colacello and Jonathan Becker, of artists working and living on Long Island's East End, and, a year later, she was selected for lifetime membership in the Guild Hall Academy of the Arts. In 2006, she co-authored and illustrated the children's book Blackie, The Horse Who Stood Still, which is in its fifth printing from Welcome Books in New York City. In July 2008 her work was featured in a one-woman show at the Spanierman Gallery in East Hampton, New York. In March 2011 Paige had a show at the Gerald Peters Gallery in New York City. The show was curated by Peter Marcelle. Christopher Cerf and Paige Peterson have a new children's book "Skidboot the Dog" coming out in Spring 2012. Peterson also illustrated Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol, edited by Jesse Kornbluth.
Peterson serves as the Chief Consultant for Growth and Development at the Attitudinal Healing International organization. She also sits on the Board of Directors of the National Council on U.S.-Arab Relations.
Peterson is currently the Executive Vice President at the Huntsman Cancer Foundation.
- Russell, Marilyn, “Woman of the Week: Paige Peterson,” Philadelphia Inquirer, Nov 22, 2006.
- McMahon, Regan, “Tiburon's Beloved Blackie is Galloping Again in a New Book,” San Francisco Chronicle, September 27, 2006
- Colacello, Bob, and Becker, Jonathan, Studios by the Sea, Harry N. Abrams, Inc., New York, 2002.
- Russell, ibid
- Cerf, Christopher, and Peterson, Paige. Blackie, The Horse Who Stood Still, Welcome Books, New York, 2006.
- "Past Exhibitions". Spanierman Gallery at East Hampton. Archived from the original on August 3, 2008. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- "Paige Peterson's Interior Landscapes". Head Butler. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- "Paige Peterson Joins Ben Barnes LP". PR Newswire. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "Welcome Books Staff". Welcome Books. Retrieved 2007-09-15.