Pain (Three Days Grace song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Three Days Grace|
|from the album One-X|
|Released||November 7, 2006
June 3, 2008 (pop radio)
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Three Days Grace singles chronology|
"Pain" has become the band's biggest hit to date. It reached number one on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart for four consecutive weeks, becoming their biggest hit on that chart to date but it stayed on the chart for 30 weeks where the prior single Animal I Have Become and next single, Never Too Late stayed longer on the chart at 41 weeks and 43 weeks respectively. On the Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, it reached number one and stayed there for thirteen consecutive weeks. It also hit number 44 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming their first single to chart in the top 50 of the Hot 100 and their highest charting single to date.
"Pain" also held the number one spot on many Canadian rock stations for weeks, and was the most-requested song ten weeks in a row. It also reached number one on the MuchMusic Countdown.
"Pain" was re-released to pop radio on June 3, 2008.
The music video, directed by Tony Petrossian, features the band playing the song in what looks to be an abandoned mansion, and it also features shots of troubled youths who are lip-syncing to the song. At the end of the song, everyone (youths and the band members alike) is shown to be tattooed with a red "X" on the back of their necks.
The "Pain" EP is a digital exclusive. It features the main version of "Pain" along with stripped acoustic versions of both "Pain" and "Animal I Have Become".
- "Pain" 3:22
- "Pain (Stripped Acoustic Version)" 3:18
- "Animal I Have Become (Stripped Acoustic Version)" 3:44
This section does not cite any sources. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
There are currently three versions of the song "Pain", two of which are being played on radio stations - the original album version and an acoustic version. The acoustic version of "Pain" and "Animal I Have Become" are both available for download on most online music stores including iTunes. The third version runs 3:28 long and is titled "Pain (Pleasure Mix)". The intro and verse both contain a 12 string guitar, giving the song extra depth.
- Adam Gontier – lead vocals
- Brad Walst – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Neil Sanderson – drums, backing vocals
- Barry Stock – lead guitar
|Billboard Hot 100||44|
|Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks||1|
|Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||1|
|Canadian Hot 100||52|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Gold||40,000|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Three Days Grace Tour Diary - Week 2". Sony Music Entertainment. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- "Three Days Grace on Billboard 100".
- "Canadian single certifications – Three Days Grace – Pain". Music Canada.
- "Canadian certifications – Three Days Grace". Music Canada. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "American single certifications – Three Days Grace – Pain". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- "American certifications – Three Days Grace". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
"Snow ((Hey Oh))" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
|Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks number-one single
March 3, 2007 – March 24, 2007
"From Yesterday" by Thirty Seconds to Mars
"The Pot" by Tool
|Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks number-one single
December 23, 2006 – March 17, 2007
"Breath" by Breaking Benjamin