Paint Township, Wayne County, Ohio
|Paint Township, Wayne County, Ohio|
Location of Paint Township in Wayne County
|• Total||24.4 sq mi (63.2 km2)|
|• Land||24.4 sq mi (63.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,102 ft (336 m)|
|• Density||115.6/sq mi (44.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087158|
Paint Township is one of the sixteen townships of Wayne County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,823 people in the township, 2,577 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Sugar Creek Township - north
- Sugar Creek Township, Stark County - east
- Paint Township, Holmes County - south
- Salt Creek Township, Holmes County - southwest corner
- Salt Creek Township - west
- East Union Township - northwest corner
The village of Mount Eaton is located in central Paint Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Wayne County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.